• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broke my latches

hpreston

Oakley Beginner
Do latches break in the same place or is it me? These both broke in my pockets as I made the mistake of putting them in my shorts and they seem to have both broken in the same place.
Can't believe Oakley don't offer a replacement frame
But can anyone help I know there are few types of latches but can anyone identify the two latches I have broken
If I am speaking non sense happy to be corrected -thanks in advance

broken latch.jpg

broken latches.jpeg

The fact that they broke in the same place isn't very surprising to me. There's probably a stress riser formed at that transition from the orbital to the nose bridge.

Based on your pictures I'm going to throw out a guess and say yours are the ones below

The fact that they broke in the same place isn't very surprising to me. There's probably a stress riser formed at that transition from the orbital to the nose bridge.

Based on your pictures I'm going to throw out a guess and say yours are the ones below

Thanks so much I always thought there was just one latch with High bridge Asian model variants etc all 53mm lens but I got told there are way more variants
The latches broke not sitting on them but in front pocket I assume they went across my leg and wishbone cracked as you say in the transition

Thanks so much I always thought there was just one latch with High bridge Asian model variants etc all 53mm lens but I got told there are way more variants
The latches broke not sitting on them but in front pocket I assume they went across my leg and wishbone cracked as you say in the transition
Not too sure, even James Janards O Matter Oakleys, would have survived the stresses that were given to those Latches.

Latest Posts

Back