• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Arm Minute

What part of the arm?? I have a minute that broke the arm too on the earsock part, i fused it and it is still working since then.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ok, so for anyone with a broken Oakley Minute arm here's a solid fix. What you need is a variable speed drill, preferably a battery operated one that will turn very slowly. A 2 inch piece of 1/16 copper wire. You can get this from a piece of Romex house wire. One 1/16 drill bit, a nail or pushpin, a sharpie marker and two small needle nose pliers. Some two part epoxy and a steady hand. Depending on how your arm is broken it may be salvageable by doing this until you find a replacement arm. Remove the ear sock and mark the center of the arm with the nail or pin. Drill very slowly down the center of each piece of the broken arm. Check to make sure you are drilling straight by inserting the pin every so often. Drill each side to a depth of 3/8. Drill slowly since heat will tend to melt the plastic. Remember the arm is slightly curved so don't drill too deep or you will open up the side of the arm. Insert the copper wire into each side of the broken arm and mark the depth with a sharpie. Cut the wire to length a little shorter than you need then test fit the arm together. Remove the wire mix up some epoxy, dab the wire in it then push both sides together. Since the copper is soft you can bend it to restore the curve of the ear stem before it all dries. Let it set up and replace the ear sock. This is a very solid fix that is durable and will not likely break since it is reinforced with copper. Keep them Oakleys alive!

try the fix above. I just did a similar fix on an oil rig across the top of the bridge, although I used a stainless pin. It will hold for sure. Most of those lines in that generation have that problem. I wonder though, if the eye jacket stems are the same from that generation?? I will have to check if they are and if you can simply sway one of those and the earsock. Doubtful the sock area is the same, but if so, I have several and you are welcome to have one if so.

Back