• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Arm on Badman - can I get a new arm, or a cast, prosthetic, splint?

MedusaOblongata

Oakley Beginner
Orygun
TL/DR: broken arm on Badman. (Where) can I get a new arm?

I like nice sunglasses, but I don't like them that much. I wear sunglasses every day, but most of my life I wore gas station sunglasses. They averaged $10. I was pissed if I had to spend $15. Then I got into discount designer clothes because the chicks dug it. I had a dozen pairs of used eBay Armani, Versace, Diesel, Dolce, etc jeans that I paid $20 or less for, chicks loved taking those pants off of me. Then I saw a pair of Diesel sunglasses used on eBay for $10, which was my price, so I bought them. I got compliments on those sunglasses every single day. This had never happened before. I was sold, but after years of everyday wear, they really wore out. I emailed Diesel to see if they wanted to replace them, but they did not. I may have sprung for $20 sunglasses after that, but they weren't the same. Then I ended up with this chick who had too much money and she bought me a pair of Oakley Jawbones 9 1/2 years ago. They're still my favorite sunglasses, though I did have to replace the lenses a few years ago. The sunglasses outlasted the girl (thank FSM). I totally love these Jawbones. So a few years ago I was on vacation in Texas and wandered into an Oakley store and saw Badmans, and I had a simultaneous emotional and physiological reaction (some will find this redundant). I absolutely had to have them, and I was willing to sacrifice somebody else's goat if that's what it took. But no, what it took instead was $400. It's against my religion to spend $400 on sunglasses (in fact, my car, computer, guns, and one Barbour leather jacket are the only things I own that I've spent more than $400 on (excepting vacations), though there will probably be a leather sewing machine in the $2K range soon). So when I got home from vacation I got online right away looking for these soul mate level Badman sunglasses at a reasonable price. I found a pair on eBay, boxless, slightly used, for $200. I don't even know how or why I bought them, because that's still more than I should spend on sunglasses, especially since I already had one pair, but the half price magic/allure/irrational mathematical homo economicus synapse misfire clicked "Buy" and then it was too late. So I loved these Badmans. Whether they're worse or better man than I am we can't really discuss here due to reasons that also really can't be discussed here. So I loved and wore those Badmans, with compliments from the chicks and smiles on my face and my eyeballs liked them. Then they were in the pocket of my Barbour leather jacket when a heartbreakingly beautiful girl sat on my lap and that's what broke the arm. I didn't cry, but I did make a face. I still have the Jawbones so my eyeballs haven't fallen out, but I sure do like those Badmans. Can I get a new arm? It might not even matter if the color matches, like right and left hubcaps on a car, since nobody will be able to see both at once. I would write more, but I've spent all day and night doing leatherwork, yardwork, electrical work, at the hardware store, cooking magnificently, making the world a better place (in my own special way), and I've got to get to sleep soon because I've got a date in 12 and a half hours, and I have three leather wallets to finish between now and then. I'll make you a wallet for a pair of Badmans if that's fair, I've got some elephant, alligator, lizard, shark, and ostrich leg leather.

TL/DR: broken arm on Badman. (Where) can I get a new arm?

Thanking you for your patience, consideration, and assistance,
I remain,

Jason aka MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata@gmail.com

20190614_233012.jpg

You cant. Theyll give you a discount towards your next pair if you turn em in

I have the same problem in my frame and I send to oakley, oakley send my back with the new arm installed you can use the guaranty if you have the ticket

You can send it without a ticket but they charge you something for the arrangement, since it would be out of warranty, you can ask before sending them via email if you have any cost, on the oakley website you will find the contact email ....

..... heheheh Madrid is good, the next time you came we can shared a beer

I loved this post... Honestly brother, you’ll be better off to pick up a slightly used pair either here or on eBay. I think I paid like $110 for my Badman with slightly scratched lenses. Stick around and meet the post requirements and ask in the exchange. Personally I like that frame, the coverage is just awesome. They never should have had the crazy price tag they did. The hinge design is their Achilles heel. Those hinges will snap sometimes just putting on the pair on your face!

Have you seen the Xmetal X-Squared? Similar lens shape but made out of titanium. No spring in the hinge. Far less prone to breakage. Yes they are more expensive and far more highly sought after, but you are a craftsman and I think would appreciate their quality. Oakley literally doesn’t make ‘em like they used to... Most people’s first xmetal pair is called a Juliet. They are the cheapest and honestly look freakin amazing on most people. You wanna turn some heads go old school and get an actual Xmetal. You can almost always get out of them close to what you have in them. Unlike plastic glasses they are an actual investment and a piece of art. A Juliet will set you back $200 if you find a good deal on the exchange here. They will last a lifetime and beyond. Just my $0.02

I checked out the X-Squared. They look curvy and head-turningly fantastic, but way too expensive. It's hard enough for me to turn down a chick who meets that description, I don't need to spend gun money on sunglasses, though.

The Juliets don't look bad, but they're still $200. I can buy an alligator skin and a Leatherman for $200.

I see Triggermans on eBay for $50 or so, which some days is lunch money. Are they any good? At that price are they fake?

Really I don't need another time sink, money sink, hobby to take over my life, or fundamental project - I've done enough of that with knives, guns, kinky chicks, leatherwork, garagejournal, gear of various sorts, the trade show circuit, and I already neglect my lawn and do the bare minimum on my car because I've just got other things in focus.

I did just submit a service request on Oakley/Luxxotica to see if they could help fix these things. If I got a new pair, I'd still have an almost functional pair which I'd still want fixed. The process reminded me of something, though. Years ago I spent a week living on the San Carlos Apache Reservation in Arizona, between Globe and Flagstaff. The roads on that part of the reservation were dirt, and on the side of the road was a small dead dog. It must have been baking in the Arizona sun for days, covered in ants and maggots, and I could smell it for blocks away. For the entire week I was there it remained. Had that been in the neighborhood in which I lived, it surely would have been cleaned up by someone or other within hours. At any rate, I believe that dog would have built a better website experience than Luxxotica.

(for some better imagery with which to scrub your virtual eyeballs, I've attached a photo of a wallet I finished tonight for a friend's birthday, made of caiman tail and lizard skin)

20190718_000958.jpg

I have some spare hinges brand new but they're not cheap cus Oakley won't sell them any more. Unless you're a collector or a die hard fan, the replacement hinges are not worth the investment...

I have some spare hinges brand new but they're not cheap cus Oakley won't sell them any more. Unless you're a collector or a die hard fan, the replacement hinges are not worth the investment...
Thank you for the information. I'm not a collector or anything of the sort. Looks like these beloved badmans are SOL :(

Back