• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken earpiece on Tinfoil Ferraris

Synchromesh

Oakley Beginner
Howdy. A new poster here. Owned 3 pairs of Oakleys so far dating back to 2000. First pair lasted a long time and sadly got lost. Then I got a set of Whiskers which managed to go through both a frame + lens replacement over time before I finally lost one of the lenses in the second set (which would get loose regularly, btw) and retired them altogether. They were comfortable but not particularly well built.

So I went to my spare Tinfoil Ferraris which I rarely used. They lasted a few months of relatively heavy use (I live in California). The earpiece broke off today (pic attached). Gluing it useless as it's obviously a piece that gets stressed a lot during hinge action and no glue will hold it for very long. I wish it used screws, would've been easy then but nope, they used those rivets. I can't seem to find a frame but honestly I'm reluctant even if I did because it will probably break again. Hopefully you guys have more answers on fixing these than me. Thank you.

IMG_9389.JPG

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me and haven’t been able to find any information about parts or repairs, even from Oakley. Looks like this line was also discontinued. Interested to see if you get any responses that are helpful, otherwise I’m looking at Ejectors as a replacement.

I’m not sure there is a lot you can do there - given where it has broken you don’t have much to try and reattach. These were discontinued some time ago so your best chance would be to find a pair in the exchange or eBay if you like them.

Do you guys think the hinge is possible to remove? Those pins look like they maybe removable. Then all I'd have to do is locate another broken pair with a good left hinge and put it together.

Back