• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken PB1 screws

CigarAficionado

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hi all. I did a search and did not find anything on the topic.

I got a nice deal on a polished black PB1 with extra lenses too. Only problem is the orbital screws are broken inside the frame.

Anyone have experience with getting these out? Share please

Hi all. I did a search and did not find anything on the topic.

I got a nice deal on a polished black PB1 with extra lenses too. Only problem is the orbital screws are broken inside the frame.

Anyone have experience with getting these out? Share please
I would try asking some of the modders here on forum like @Chris A Hardaway, @Bonz-1, @zwc0442 as they might have experience or even solve the problem for you

I've dissolved them out of the frame before but it's not great on the plastic. Maybe a tiny carbide endmill and go really slow and peck it out of there. Would take awhile as can't get it too warm will start to melt the o matter.

pic of the screw?

if the head is still there but just totally stripped then:
grind a flat head screwdriver till it fits tightly in some portion of the stripped head, and warm the frame up with a hair dryer. if the flat blade screwdriver wont work, you can try a screw extractor bit also. either way, hair dryer the frame till its warm.

i really try to avoid hacking at screws that are in plastic frames, one slip of the bit and you have a stuck screw next to a hole in the plastic frame. figure out a way to get something to bite on whatever is left of the screw, warm the frame up a little, and back the screw out.

Nah, screw heads are gone. It’s just part of the body that is stuck in the frame.

Nah, screw heads are gone. It’s just part of the body that is stuck in the frame.
carefully open the orbital and grab the end of the screw with needle nose pliers. i actually have a small pair of needle nose pliers i ground down to a thinner profile just for doing this.

It's on a pit boss you can't exactly do that.
Is that because both sides of the screw housing are threaded ? I have extracted broken screws from juliet frames but that was only because only one side is threaded.

Back