• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Pit Boss 2, Repairable?

Dbninc

Something Clever
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
North of NYC
So this happened at work yesterday:

E8613D00-D7E4-4A07-90C8-4A468684B3FE.jpeg

I have a terrible habit of losing sunglasses (3 pairs of Juliets and a pair of straight jackets so far, but that’s when I was younger), so I had them in my jacket pocket to keep from putting them down and walking away. Unfortunately, I forgot they were in there, and when I bent down to grab something out of my bag, I heard a snap. First Christmas gift from the wife back in 2014. Just installed new @Chris A Hardaway lenses too lol.

Any ideas on how to repair them, or if it’s even possible? I saw the threads on gluing and such, which didn’t seem to work so well. I also saw a mention of laser welding? I appreciate any input, thanks in advance!

Edit: It was suggested I tag @zcrxsi and @SouLFuLFroG for possible input?

Last edited:
you can drill and pin it with glue. wont ever be 100%. But if its a wear pair, go for it.
I saw that in some previous posts, probably a last resort since it involves removing material, but it’s a better solution than throwing them out lol. Which glue would you suggest?

thanks @Markman69 i can totally fix em. and the repair will be strong, not just glue. but unfortunately they will need a paint job afterward because you will see the repair.

thanks @Markman69 i can totally fix em. and the repair will be strong, not just glue. but unfortunately they will need a paint job afterward because you will see the repair.
Just saw your thread. Have you tried drilling and pinning before, instead of cutting in through the outside?

i have... and it is strong, but i have found that you don't get a smooth match up with pinning, which makes for bigger cleanup, and sometimes might not be as strong because you don't get that perfect match between pieces. other people may have a different experience, but that is what i have seen.

@Dbninc -
Here is a monster dog I repaired, and @Rick58 customized (great job, Rick! I love em!) . One of the arms was broken in half. I put a pin on the outside, 2 behind, glued and sanded, and @Rick58 customized it. You guess which arm. =)

Back