• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bronze Polarized vs. Dark Bronze

JefferyC

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

I recently returned a pair of Asia fit Enduro's (they are the best fitting pair of sunglasses I have ever tried on, but they were just a little too small for my face), but I really liked the matte black/dark bronze color combination. I can't seem to find it in any other Asia fit frame, so I went to custom order a pair of Holbrook's, and there is no "Dark Bronze" option, only "Bronze Polarized". The light transmission spec seems much higher,are the bronze polarized lenses that much lighter than the dark bronze?

Thanks!

I never had Dark Bronze, but i did have Bronze Polarized in my Scalpels. They are very light. I wore them comfortably indoors. And if you like any of the contrasty amber/bronze base tints, its very sharp.
However it is very light. Its not very useful in bright sun conditions. Way too much glare and the sun hurt my eyes. I swapped them out of my Scalpels because of the lack of utility in bright sun.

Hi DKO,

Thanks for replying! The "Dark Bronze" lenses in the Enduro's were dark enough to be used outdoors, even in bright sun, and I was hoping that was the case for the "Bronze Polarized", but it doesn't sound like it. And where I live, we have more really sunny days than not. Thanks again!

Jeff

I never had Dark Bronze, but i did have Bronze Polarized in my Scalpels. They are very light. I wore them comfortably indoors. And if you like any of the contrasty amber/bronze base tints, its very sharp.
However it is very light. Its not very useful in bright sun conditions. Way too much glare and the sun hurt my eyes. I swapped them out of my Scalpels because of the lack of utility in bright sun.

Back