• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brought my Juliets out to sea...

I've taken my flaks to the beach but never worn in the water. Haven't dreamed of taking an X-Metal in. I have taken another brand into the salt water and only rinsed and dried afterward with no incident, but they claim that their lenses are made for that. Not sure how sun block figures in, but it is pretty corrosive. Had some spill in a bag and one of my sons hotwheels was in there and it ruined the paint.

Damn,,sorry to hear the bad news for the lenses.... and seems like a big warning for those people that need to use sunscreen in close proximity to their Oakleys

Reason why I mentioned that I was confident it wasn't sunscreen because... The entire crew didn't wear any... (guy in charge didn't bring it, but hey what do you expect when a guy packs the bags).

I also mentioned that the flaks and straights onboard had no issues... So maybe it's just that particular lens. The right one was perfect.

For the curious, I applied CorrosionX on the screws and rivets to prevent corrosion.

Any chemical could've caused it or, as you say, a dodgy lens.

I never get sun cream or any other chemical near my lenses other than the correct cleaning fluid or the odd splash of pool water.

When I am on a trip somewhere i do make sure I rinse with fresh water asap afterwards or throughout the day every now and then with drinking water from my Camelback.

Latest Posts

Back