• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brown Juliet Question

I love it!! There's a ton of info I wasn't aware of. Really, up to $2k? That's absolutely insane. RVF, do you happen to know what oakleys concern was with the frame? Also, what do you think a pristine pair without box is worth today?

I had heard that the concern Oakley had with the Brown frame was one of colour consistency, but if that is accurate is the suggestion that some individual pairs did not have a consistent colour across the whole frame, or that different examples appeared to be different in colour? Another possibility is Oakley may have been unable to attain the desired shade of colour, perhaps possible considering how close it is to Carbon. I imagine conversations would have taken place at HQ resulting in the glass being pulled, but how likely is it that the content of such discussions will ever be known? The value I would expect to be over $500 today, but the potential is there for an alarming rise given the rarity, seemingly low number of boxed pairs, the popularity of the Juliet and the ending of it's production.

Well, just wanted to share how weird and lucky it was for me when Oakley sent me a Brown Juliet as part of the "Romeo Exchange Program". Since the Romeo hit rock bottom during the height of the Juliet popularity during those times, I was able to scour beat-up Romeos for $50-$100 in a regular basis and really took advantage of the even exchange. Not to mention, it was truly one of the Oakley best kept secrets ever.

Last edited:
I had heard that the concern Oakley had with the Brown frame was one of colour consistency, but if that is accurate is the suggestion that some individual pairs did not have a consistent colour across the whole frame, or that different examples appeared to be different in colour? Another possibility is Oakley may have been unable to attain the desired shade of colour, perhaps possible considering how close it is to Carbon.

At RED I observed another forum member's JBR's. The orbitals were brown but the flex coupler was virtually black and the pair resembled a brown Ti02.
My pair is #313 and very lightly brown colored, very close to Carbon and would probably look even more so with black lenses.

Here is the pair..... Great pic by Cargo but the color variation is hard to see unless your holding it in good light.

e9u8y9us.jpg

Latest Posts

Back