• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BUG - Feedback system only allow 1 entry every 10 hours, regardless of user

TheDukeOfIce

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Silicon Valley, CA
I am trying to add feedback from the last several transactions I have done on the forum. I'm lazy and tend to do it all at once.

I am getting a bug, where I can only enter 1 feedback - for 10 hours, all stop. Is this an intentional design change?

The expected behavior, is a user can enter as much feedback for disparate users.
The old behavior was only 1 feedback entry was allowed for a unique user every 10 hours.

OF Error.jpg

I am trying to add feedback from the last several transactions I have done on the forum. I'm lazy and tend to do it all at once.

I am getting a bug, where I can only enter 1 feedback - for 10 hours, all stop. Is this an intentional design change?

The expected behavior, is a user can enter as much feedback for disparate users.
The old behavior was only 1 feedback entry was allowed for a unique user every 10 hours.

View attachment 769753

It's 1 feedback per user you're leaving it for per 10 hours. This has always been in place and is there to prevent duplicate feedback entries etc.

I've lowered it down to 2 hours, but the logic behind it does work. It's meant to prevent duplicate or erroneous feedback. Overall you can continue to leave feedback for other users.

I've lowered it down to 2 hours, but the logic behind it does work. It's meant to prevent duplicate or erroneous feedback. Overall you can continue to leave feedback for other users.
Sorry sir that is not true - I cannot enter feedback for other users.

I tried to enter feedback for 3 different people - I got the error message I posted into this thread.

Can you please re-investiage and verify, is this only me, or a system thing?

Sorry sir that is not true - I cannot enter feedback for other users.

I tried to enter feedback for 3 different people - I got the error message I posted into this thread.

Can you please re-investiage and verify, is this only me, or a system thing?

Interesting, let me look - thanks for confirming.

Should be fixed now - let me know if you continue to encounter this and I can take a look - could be something specific to the account for some reason.
Thank you for checking up on this - weird findings, I'll detail below for your reference.

It appears the original 3 feedback entries were entered into the database (approx 12:40pm), but 2 out of the 3 gave me the error I included in the original screenshot. That error message caused me to log this bug report, thinking the feedback was not entered.

Tonight I went to re-attempt to enter feedback for a member, and it correctly let me enter the feedback. (Hurray, no more error message!)
*Then I noticed that in fact, it saved the first attempt earlier today!!

TL/DR?
-Feedback system saved the feedback, but erroneously presented the error message I included in the first post.
-Feedback system is now working correctly without presenting any error messages

Thank you for the investigation on this topic, much appreciated!

Thank you for checking up on this - weird findings, I'll detail below for your reference.

It appears the original 3 feedback entries were entered into the database (approx 12:40pm), but 2 out of the 3 gave me the error I included in the original screenshot. That error message caused me to log this bug report, thinking the feedback was not entered.

Tonight I went to re-attempt to enter feedback for a member, and it correctly let me enter the feedback. (Hurray, no more error message!)
*Then I noticed that in fact, it saved the first attempt earlier today!!

TL/DR?
-Feedback system saved the feedback, but erroneously presented the error message I included in the first post.
-Feedback system is now working correctly without presenting any error messages

Thank you for the investigation on this topic, much appreciated!
So, you double feedbacked? 😁

Back