• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Building My Own From Scratch

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
I'm a poor college student... I can't afford to put down 300 on a case, so I've decided to make my own. This way I can put all of my personal touches on it.

Plans are still in the works. But I have a logo in the works to be embedded (inlayed) into the top section of my case.
tumblr_ml4ffdgJYo1rbptugo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml4lwjyfCV1rbptugo1_500.jpg

starting to get the rough idea.

I will update this as I go along with my project to let you guys know how it all goes start to finish

Not sure how I'm feeling about this carving.... It's turning out okay I suppose. For being a pretty basic shape, it's a tough one to cast into wood with hand tools.
tumblr_ml5lawnHca1rbptugo1_500.jpg

Not sure how I'm feeling about this carving.... It's turning out okay I suppose. For being a pretty basic shape, it's a tough one to cast into wood with hand tools.
tumblr_ml5lawnHca1rbptugo1_500.jpg
Be patient. It will turn out perfect in time. Looks good so far.

hand carving takes time and patience. You have a good start but in order to get it perfect dont rush it. Maybe get yourself a dremel.

Well I've done hand carving in the past. I know it can take months to get something right. ;) and I think a dremel would be nice for the finishing part. I use carving chisels and knifes. I bought a set my senior year of highschool. Carved an intricate tree of life design into a guitar body.

Back