• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bullet Watch Cleanup (Need help)

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
So after not wearing this watch for like 8-9 years, my mom was kind enough to keep it in her safe. Sadly it seems the foam holding the watch sort of "melted" away and now my watch is sticky as hell. There was a bunch of black goo all over the face, and the strap had some thin white cover of something, thankfully, I was able to wash most of the gunk away, I had to use a little rubbing alcohol to properly clean the glass and the metal parts (still has some little satins on it), but the rubber strap is still sticky in some parts. Do you guys have any recommendations to properly clean the watch? I was thinking in using a scotch bright sponge to remove whatever foam was left, but I'm no sure what else I can do. Should I pull the watch apart and boil the strap like with x metal rubber? Or should I just scrub like crazy?
Any ideas, suggestions, experiments, etc are welcome. Thanks!

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

Soap, dawn or Palmolive, and water should clean it up, I had bought a crush from eBay, it was during a hot summer, and when I received it the foam got hot and melted all over the watch

I'll try both! I'll do Dawn first since I have some already, if not I'll try the goo be gone. Thanks for the tips guys!

Back