• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BulletProof!!!

What would you pay for making an Oakley backpack bullet proof?

• 100-200 plus pack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200-300 plus pack

• 300-400 plus pack

• Kitchen Sink plus 100

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Kitchen Sink plus 200

• Kitchen Sink plus 300

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Thank you guys for your input, I just happened upon some talent today and the photoshoot is tomorrow! I'll take a pic of the bag (Stealth Black!!) from several angles, also I'll show where the panel goes. Inside the bag, there is a padded insert for the laptop, thankfully there is a top seam there and this is where the panel will be sewn in. There is already a cushion where the panel will go, I'll either remove the cushion and replace it with the custom panel or keep the cushion. Each project is different, because of all the school shootings, I decided to make ones for my family and it kind of took off from there.... Filing for the trademark was expensive.... the artwork was graciously donated by my neighbor and so far this little company is on it's third small production run of bags. I keep getting cool requests... like bulletproofing cars and making bullet proof seat cushions for pilots who fly in strange places!!! That's next. There are no identifying marks, tags or anything else for that matter to let the customer know it was made bulletproof so advertising has only been word of mouth. My website took a bit and I have to find out how to get it out and about on the internet. I guess Instagram is next. Suggestions are welcome!!!!! Mods - let's talk and see what it will take for me to offer my services on here please. Pics coming soon!!!!! Just for grins I'll tell you about the machinery. The waterjet uses water at 60,000 psi and it uses small grains of material to cut whatever item you choose.... the up side is it never gets dull, it cuts like a champ and the edges of the Kevlar are beautiful! The down side is that running 400v power to my shop is 14k and the waterjet is 150k on top of that!!!! So for now I have to farm out the cutting and it's not cheap. I wish I could make them cheaper but until the technology gets cheaper or I get a 175k(ish) gift.... it's pricey. (I guess I could buy off the internet instead of an Oakley store but I'm afraid I'll get fake bags so it's buying from the Oakley store for now)Thank you to all of you who have given and will give input. It means the world to me.

Last edited:
Back