• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buyer Beware - Mars Scam

Damn, I’m sorry to hear this happened!! whenever I see this guy put up another ad on letgo, I always make sure to report him...and troll him a bit. Blows my mind how long it takes and how many times I have to report before letgo does anything about it.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh... I fell for Friends and Family once on a transaction (not as expensive as the one you participated in, I'm sure) and never again. One thing, though, is the money has to come from somewhere. Maybe you paid it via the funds in the Paypal account, maybe you used Paypal as an intermediary and got the funds from your credit card.

I've never tried this, mind you, but credit card companies nowadays are pretty lax about this stuff. If you call them, they might be able to do a chargeback.

But, like I said, I never tried this myself (I had to call on them for a different chargeback situation in the past and they solved the issue), but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Hi All,

I came across the following ad on letgo for the NYC area for a pair of Mars, and I wanted to share to make sure no one falls into the scam!

I contacted the seller to pickup the Mars. At that point, he mentioned that he had just moved to rochester, but he could ship the glasses if I paid with paypal. He even offered to allow me to pay half up front and half on receipt! Well, I still felt a little unusual about the situation. I found the same photos he used in an old eBay ad from sometime back. When I confronted him about this, the seller insisted that was his ad several years ago. At this point, I knew what was going on, but I still asked him to send more picture to my email. He did, and the serial number was quite visibly different different!! I pointed out that the serial number was different, and he promptly blocked me.

I just wanted to point this out in case anyone on this forum comes across the same ad!
Can you report the seller to the site?

Can you report the seller to the site?

I've reported him several times. He tends to create a new account with a new name whenever he is blocked. Then the process starts all over again. They seem to be rather slow at reviewing reported scams.

I had a similar instance with a German seller last week, He invited a price, Which i met, Then went all quiet when i enquired about payment & shipping.

Wouldn't accept Paypal & only a bank transfer.

In the words of Craig David...."I'm walking away........"

Here’s another Mars scam. Craigslist this time. Same “oh it’s a company account and I have to use friends and family.. “ BS.

Oakley Mars X-Metal Deep Red Iridium w/ Red Socks - clothing &...

3F62CC4F-DF5D-4B04-ABBA-BF10DA0F7546.png

4C2053BD-8CD8-4705-BA35-A58E1A1A2A2B.png

It’s the same scam here in the uk saying they can’t take goods and services payment as the account they are using is a works account and they will get fired Iv reported them again and again

Back