• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buyer Beware - Mars Scam

Hey!!!

I’m a little late to all these messages but very new to the scam! I just came upon this seller as well listing $200 Romeo’s for sale in Southern California. All the same stuff as mentioned here from everyone else. “Friends and Family”, I could get fired, half now half later, I have leather mars as well…..literally everything to a T! The person even tossed in “I’m a Christian, if that means anything to you…..”

Cut to, I find them again with the $200 Romeos in Texas.

Oh, people.

If it seems to good to be true……
To the guy that paid the money and thinks he might not get it back:

If you have all your messages saved with the scammer, I suggest reaching out to your bank. They should have a claims/dispute department. My guess is, assuming you have a good clean track record with them, they will open a case with PayPal and credit you back the money.

Seriously. Worth a call.

Hey!!!

I’m a little late to all these messages but very new to the scam! I just came upon this seller as well listing $200 Romeo’s for sale in Southern California. All the same stuff as mentioned here from everyone else. “Friends and Family”, I could get fired, half now half later, I have leather mars as well…..literally everything to a T! The person even tossed in “I’m a Christian, if that means anything to you…..”

Cut to, I find them again with the $200 Romeos in Texas.

Oh, people.

If it seems to good to be true……
If it quacks like a duck..... Blow it the hell out the sky

To the guy that paid the money and thinks he might not get it back:

If you have all your messages saved with the scammer, I suggest reaching out to your bank. They should have a claims/dispute department. My guess is, assuming you have a good clean track record with them, they will open a case with PayPal and credit you back the money.

Seriously. Worth a call.
You're from new York and your cousin Vinny don't have your back?

I had a similar instance with a German seller last week, He invited a price, Which i met, Then went all quiet when i enquired about payment & shipping.

Wouldn't accept Paypal & only a bank transfer.

In the words of Craig David...."I'm walking away........"
Bank transfer (Überweisung) is by far the most common person to person transaction payment method in Germany, so he may have been entirely straight with you. I’ve bought quite a few watches that way because I know that’s how they like payment. Plenty of them literally won’t have a PayPal account.

This is some seriously juicy bait.

I found the same Romeo listing on Craigslist in Houston TX. Thought I was getting my first pair of x metals. Lol.

I paid a Ralph Reed using PayPal F&F with my USAA Checking account. I was then offered the leather Mars and found this thread.

I immediately asked PayPal to cancel the transaction and they were no help. I waited for the Payment to show up in my checking account. I then made a claim with the USAA Fraud Department, framing it as a cancelled order, with lots of screenshots. Got the money back yesterday!!

PayPal account seems fine when I’m logged in however I wasn’t able to make a PayPal payment yesterday evening so I may need to call them at some point.

This is some seriously juicy bait.

I found the same Romeo listing on Craigslist in Houston TX. Thought I was getting my first pair of x metals. Lol.

I paid a Ralph Reed using PayPal F&F with my USAA Checking account. I was then offered the leather Mars and found this thread.

I immediately asked PayPal to cancel the transaction and they were no help. I waited for the Payment to show up in my checking account. I then made a claim with the USAA Fraud Department, framing it as a cancelled order, with lots of screenshots. Got the money back yesterday!!

PayPal account seems fine when I’m logged in however I wasn’t able to make a PayPal payment yesterday evening so I may need to call them at some point.
Why would you pay F&F ? Id pay the 4% fee all day on that

Back