• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying from Brazil through eBay??

JetIntakePort

Oakley Expert
Canada
Hi guys, I know shipping to Brazil can be a risky proposition and should be avoided.

What about buying items from Brazil listed on eBay? Anyone have any experiences? Thoughts?

Any info is appreciated :)

Thanks for the input flyer... worse case scenario I guess I could always file an "item not received claim" through eBay's buyer protection program.

i bought 2 pairs from different Brazil sellers. One was completely not as described and the other was never shipped at all. Both instances the sellers go dark as soon as there's a problem, and buyer protection means you have to wait months because ebay can't fetch the funds from the sellers accounts. It's more trouble than it's worth imo.

i bought 2 pairs from different Brazil sellers. One was completely not as described and the other was never shipped at all. Both instances the sellers go dark as soon as there's a problem, and buyer protection means you have to wait months because ebay can't fetch the funds from the sellers accounts. It's more trouble than it's worth imo.

So you did end up getting your money back in both cases?

I got my money back for one but the other is still dragging on after 2 months. ebay already ruled in my favour but everytime they try to get the money it fails with error (because seller has nil paypayl balance). If you'd like to spend hours on a weekly basis re-explaining your damn case every time you call up ebay then go take the risk.

Back