• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying legitimate Oakleys and finding authorized dealers

Oakleywiia

Oakley Beginner
There is a very helpful thread which outlines helpful hints and possible sources of fake Oakleys. I read about two dozen pages (of the 1,000 pages) and am left with the notion that unless I buy directly from Oakley, an Oakley store, or an authorized dealer I risk buying a fake product.

I wish Oakley listed authorized dealers both online and local that carry their sunlgasses. They do have a map where you can enter your zip code and see who carries their product within a 50 mile radius. Most of those in my area were opticians who carry 95% Lifestyle/5% Sport, and I'm looking for the Sport line.

I found that map not helpful because it did not show or list an Oakley store in a mall near me that I just happened to stumble upon. Huh? How does Oakley not list that?

What are the reliable online stores? I've found sportrx.com to be an excellent one. Others?

Last edited:
With LUX in charge there’s still a risk of buying fakes from Oakley lol

On eBay there are many many many sellers with thousands of sales and feedback of both new and vintage pairs. Just check their feedback. And you’ll have a pair for %50 percent less then you’d pay at Oakley.
If your in question, search the eBay seller ID in this forum and you’ll have an answer quickly.

What frame are you looking for?

Oakley won’t list that because actual Oakley stores aren’t considered authorized retailers. They are the retailer.

I'm looking for either the EV Zero Range Trail or Flight Jacket (Trail or Trail Torch). I don't trust myself to ferret out the honest sellers on eBay from the dishonest ones. I'll gladly pay twice the price from Oakley or its authorized dealers if I know it's legitimate.

I'm looking for either the EV Zero Range Trail or Flight Jacket (Trail or Trail Torch). I don't trust myself to ferret out the honest sellers on eBay from the dishonest ones. I'll gladly pay twice the price from Oakley or its authorized dealers if I know it's legitimate.

Those are both the first ones to pop up in search bro. No ferreting required lol
The flight jacket is from an Oakley store with 12,000 sales and 100% feedback. 100%...That’s all there is to it. Save your money and buy more pairs and lenses.
There’s also many sure signs of fake pairs so it’s pretty easy to tell fakes.
I could never imagine paying retail especially for these newer pairs unless it’s a custom. Just ridiculous!

Thanks Rhymes. I really appreciate your thoughtful help. I'm embarrassed to admit I tried to search out forum members eBay IDs but came up empty. Is there a specific thread or location on the forum where someone like me can go to find members on ebay?

If you want to buy here stick out the 15-30 days and you will get much better deals and can even learn how to tell the real from the fake and attack other sale sites to find good deals!

Once you become a member or reach the 2 weeks and 15 posts minimum you can take advantage of the exchange section here in the forum

Latest Posts

Back