• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying New Pair, Need Advice.

Granted, I've never actually tried to run in them, but I have worn my wife's Five Squared for a day and never really felt any slipping issues, and I believe those were the older style without the nose pads.
Fit is kind of a quirky issue though, so I would really recommend finding someplace you can try them one. If there's no Oakley store around, you can always hit up just about any sunglasses store. Even if you have to go online to get the color you want, you can at least check out the frames for fit before buying (or at the very least, get them from a site with a solid return policy in case you don't like the fit)

If you like Half Jackets, also take a look at Flak Jackets (my model of choice), or if you want full frames, I found the current generation Straight Jackets to be a good fit on my fairly small head.

as Tweak4 said, a Sunglass Hut or similar is going to have most of the sport style frames in limited colors. If you are close to an Oakley Store even better, and as a last resort many eye doctors in my area are carrying more and more sunglasses. (it's where i saw my first Pit Boss).

Thanks to all who posted, it was really helpful. I decided to give the Five Squared a try since the new version comes with the nose pads. I was happy with the style and fit and hopefully the nose pads will take care of my slipping concerns. Thanks again everyone.

Latest Posts

Back