• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Buying, Oakley Penny Carbon....pay top dollar

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Penny - Carbon - +Red is an official Oakley factory made item that was never intended for public sale, thus had no serial number and no normal X Metal box, but rather had a standard black box and some were given a simple label in the style of the huneymonkey & total_o pieces that were sold on ebay at the time. The pair I just sold was 100% Oakley manufactured and I acquired that pair from the legendary Anton Sy in a trade. There may be genuine Oakley Penny glasses that have been given a Carbon coated frame and a custom cut +Red lens to look like an original but I can't say I have seen any and in any event that is not the real item. It is a FACT that Carbon - +Red IS a factory Oakley piece and mine was a genuine example. I was always a total purist as a collector and everything I had simply had to be Oakley manufactured and I never even wanted to have genuine Oakley parts and then swap lenses or customize items, if it wasn't how it was made in the factory and how it was paired and assembled I had zero interest. There will be doubters and people who don't believe I had over 1100 genuine pairs and near everything mint and complete but that's fine, believe or not, it wont change the facts and the truth. Everyone had a chance to get the monster but only one could win, and in my view, £2K is a low price given the rarity and beauty of a myth that near all can only dream about.

Some people reacted to this post.
Indeed, you had the real deal. Thankful to have had the opportunity! Whoever bought them, or in this case won the auction....let it be known I am a serious buyer willing to pay a decent price for a rare and much respected piece of Oakley history.

6-7k

Username Hidden said:
I do know of another pair.
Same seller of other super rare X Metal items.
Unfortunately have not been able to get him to budge on these.
Listen to Ash, he knows!

Username Hidden said:
@Romeo Van Frogskinstein was the seller he’s referring too.

That’s the only example I’ve ever seen of those and I don’t know of anybody who’s got the factory Carbon look down as far as custom pairs go.
I do not believe all the talented folks that are doing customs can do a carbon, like Oakley did.

Username Hidden said:
Penny - Carbon - +Red is an official Oakley factory made item that was never intended for public sale, thus had no serial number and no normal X Metal box, but rather had a standard black box and some were given a simple label in the style of the huneymonkey & total_o pieces that were sold on ebay at the time. The pair I just sold was 100% Oakley manufactured and I acquired that pair from the legendary Anton Sy in a trade. There may be genuine Oakley Penny glasses that have been given a Carbon coated frame and a custom cut +Red lens to look like an original but I can't say I have seen any and in any event that is not the real item. It is a FACT that Carbon - +Red IS a factory Oakley piece and mine was a genuine example. I was always a total purist as a collector and everything I had simply had to be Oakley manufactured and I never even wanted to have genuine Oakley parts and then swap lenses or customize items, if it wasn't how it was made in the factory and how it was paired and assembled I had zero interest. There will be doubters and people who don't believe I had over 1100 genuine pairs and near everything mint and complete but that's fine, believe or not, it wont change the facts and the truth. Everyone had a chance to get the monster but only one could win, and in my view, £2K is a low price given the rarity and beauty of a myth that near all can only dream about.
fascinating....:cool-20:

Username Hidden said:
I do not believe all the talented folks that are doing customs can do a carbon, like Oakley did.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Username Hidden said:
I talked with Zach at one time, he said he could not match the carbon Oakley does.
My lack of faith goes way WAY beyond a carbon finish my friend!