• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Need to put a stop to the asking for payment via F&F.
Got scammed for $50 over a pair of Mframes.
You need to let others know about people that do this. I do F&F with established members. I like to be paid with F&F. But if the buyer doesn't want to pay that way, that's alright with me. I just got scammed on fb, but luckily G&S saved my $130.

You need to let others know about people that do this. I do F&F with established members. I like to be paid with F&F. But if the buyer doesn't want to pay that way, that's alright with me. I just got scammed on fb, but luckily G&S saved my $130.
I get that and would, but like you, it was on Facebook. Here, to be exact. I've NEVER asked anyone, for anything EVER, to be paid with F&F. Figure the fee % and shipping costs into the price. I've sold a ton, over the years, mostly golf equipment and NEVER been ripped off.... until now.
Pissed at myself and the situation.

Screenshot_20230815-150756.png

Profile was "Jayden White", but the payment went to "Riva Wallace". I'd love to hunt this piece of **** down. It's the principle of the thing, at this point

I get that and would, but like you, it was on Facebook. Here, to be exact. I've NEVER asked anyone, for anything EVER, to be paid with F&F. Figure the fee % and shipping costs into the price. I've sold a ton, over the years, mostly golf equipment and NEVER been ripped off.... until now.
Pissed at myself and the situation.

View attachment 1077779

Profile was "Jayden White", but the payment went to "Riva Wallace". I'd love to hunt this piece of **** down. It's the principle of the thing, at this point
I have come to the conclusion that the majority of members on these buy/sell groups are scammers.

Need to put a stop to the asking for payment via F&F.
Got scammed for $50 over a pair of Mframes.

When someone wants f&f, just send an extra 2.9% and pay g&s. They get what they wanted and you get protection and peace of mind. That’s what I’ve done for people I don’t know when they ask for f&f. If they say no, then the deal is not happening.

Just a suggestion

When someone wants f&f, just send an extra 2.9% and pay g&s. They get what they wanted and you get protection and peace of mind. That’s what I’ve done for people I don’t know when they ask for f&f. If they say no, then the deal is not happening.

Just a suggestion
Precisely what I do.

Unfortunately, I have been ripped off as a seller in the past, by using G&S.

The buyer opened a dispute with Paypal, saying I had sent the an empty box from an Ebay auction. They took the buyer's side of the argument without even asking me!

The money got charged back against my account, plus a paypal penalty charge!

Took many an email, with photos/evidence to finally win my money back over several months, but never got refunded the paypal penalty charges!

I had a similar event before that where I didn't take photos of my packing/tracking, and lost my money altogether!

All I will say is, G&S or F&F, buyer or seller can still get scammed. So take as much photos and receipt evidence as possible.

Back