• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bye bye Flak Jacket 1.0

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
I just spoke with the manager at my local Vault about some Flak Jacket 1.0 lenses that I'm looking for. He told me he had to go to the back to find them because they've been instructed to pull all of them because Flak Jacket 1.0 is being discontinued. They've already had to send back their custom frames to corporate. If you're into Flak Jacket 1.0 or you need XLJ 1.0 lenses for custom cuts (ahem X-METALS) or because you like Flak Jacket 1.0 get them now. You've been warned!

Also, as an FYI I found out the hard way, only the 2.0 XL will work for a Julie Polarized lens. The 2.0 isn't big enough to cut off all the etching so I've been informed. So make sure its a 2.0 XL and not just a flak 2.0, haha

Maybe we will see some good sales! I really like the flak but the 2.0 is very nice as well!!
The Vault where I go has been ordered to pull all of their Flak 1.0 stuff so if they're going to put stuff on sale it's probably going to be online if at all.

Ohhh, may snag an XLJ lens or two!
I went on Oakley's website last night and there are no signs of a reduced price but it's coming. I doubt they'll put them on sale for a while, if at all, but if you've got a Vault nearby you might check it out.

I went on Oakley's website last night and there are no signs of a reduced price but it's coming. I doubt they'll put them on sale for a while, if at all, but if you've got a Vault nearby you might check it out.
I do happen to have a vault nearby. I'll ask them about the flak lenses next time I go!

Back