• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bye Bye Hijinx And Monster Dog

The only frame color my Vault kept was Crystal Black, for some reason. All the lenses went back besides grey and black iridium/polarized.

Cause those are the boring *** mass market colors. Apparently nobody wants to wear anything but black/black, grey/black.

All the better....I have no Vault here...maybe they'll end up on the website.

And I love how you guys are complaining about lack of originality in the new lineup. When was the last time ANY sunglass company came out with anything original or crazy? You act like Oakley is the only one to conform.

And I love how you guys are complaining about lack of originality in the new lineup. When was the last time ANY sunglass company came out with anything original or crazy? You act like Oakley is the only one to conform.

Those other sunglass companies were not built on originality and and craziness-Oakley was. If they had started out as just like any other, we wouldn't feel like it was a step backwards...but it DIDN'T start that way. This is a company that is losing touch with what made it one of the most identifiable brands in the world and I fear long term they may pay for it. Or maybe I'm just a grouchy backwards 32 year old out of touch with the millions of consumers gobbling up the new offerings. Time will tell.

The company is making more money than they have ever before and gaining alot of new fans by going mainstream. Chances are nothing will change any time soon. At least not in the next few years.

The company is making more money than they have ever before. Chances are nothing will change any time soon. At least not in the next few years.

I agree. That's happened because the materials and designs they're making are a) cheap (o-matter vs. magnesium, o-luminum, x metal) and b) derivitive of other designs (less R&D, tooling etc) c) they've dumped the designs with less profit margins and lower sales volume (probably doesn't hurt they have economies of scale and reduces redundancies due to the monster that Lux is worldwide). But just cause you're making money doesn't mean you're making an impact long term. I know people stockpiling New Straight Jackets before they're gone....you think that would be happening if the Pit Bull was discontinued? I

Yes I think people will stockpile Pit Bulls before they are gone. But that might just be because I like the model. Also there are different views and definitions of what making a long term impact is. Years from now Oakley will still be one of the major players on the eyewear scene. They will be creating new patents such as HDO 3D, working with new material in revolutionary ways like they have recently with CNCing carbon fibre, and creating new models that help athletes and consumers alike such as with the Airbrake. Even in the next few years there are things being developed that I will be very impressed with if they are released....looking forward to 2012 to 2014. Trust that they will no doubt have a long term impact. I do not doubt the old school hardcore fans will not be on board but the Oakley engine will keep on going and will likely remain strong.

Items heading back to the DC: Minute 2.0 frames/lenses. Crosshair 2.0 lenses. Fives Sq. Lenses. Radar and M Frame lenses. Dart lenses. Oil Rig lenses. Scalpel, Split Jacket, St. Jacket lenses.

They're getting rid of most all non black iridium polarized options for a lot of frames, and a lot of the cool non polarized options, ie Fire, Emerald, Ruby, etc.

Cause those are the boring *** mass market colors. Apparently nobody wants to wear anything but black/black, grey/black.

And Brown... Yeah that would be me..."boring"- condescending a bit? Maybe most guys don't want to wear yellow and "violet" after a certain age cuz it looks ridiculous

And Brown... Yeah that would be me..."boring"- condescending a bit? Maybe most guys don't want to wear yellow and "violet" after a certain age cuz it looks ridiculous

If you want to take it that way; I'm told I'm a bit too flashy and "loud" (well and condescending...comes with the territory since a young age-look at the screen name) but I roll with it. My comments are not directed at others specifically beyond the fact that I still believe people wear what is "trended" or marketed...once something starts being worn by a critical mass...well...that must be what I should wear now. Me? I like +Red, Fire, Ice, Emerald, Ruby the most and I don't care what else is "in". I always have Black and VR28 on hand for performance and the few times I go toned down...but mostly I like colored lenses that can contrast with certain frames.

I also personally think setting an age for when you start going understated with everything to be an odd concept. I'm still going to be wearing those aforementioned colors in 20 years...why is that ridiculous looking? And should I dump my orange car at a certain age as well?

Actually...this guy clearly needs to get in line and dump those bright lenses...

jim.jpg

Attachments

• jim.jpg
    jim.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 206
  • jim.jpg
    jim.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 165
Items heading back to the DC: Minute 2.0 frames/lenses. Crosshair 2.0 lenses. Fives Sq. Lenses. Radar and M Frame lenses. Dart lenses. Oil Rig lenses. Scalpel, Split Jacket, St. Jacket lenses.

They're getting rid of most all non black iridium polarized options for a lot of frames, and a lot of the cool non polarized options, ie Fire, Emerald, Ruby, etc.

I saw the non Black Polarized being weeded out earlier in the year. Well...time to keep an eye on everything and make sure I snatch extra lenses for my Juliets if they start paring down more (like they did with Ice Polarized as a replacement lens option). Sigh.

Latest Posts

Back