• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bye Bye Hijinx And Monster Dog

i miss titanium iridium, i like tungsten iridium, slate iridium, black iridium, thankfully they still do slate which is a nice alternative to black iridium. i wish theyd bring back titanium i love that lens.

arguing/fighting on a forum is like the special olympics, even if you win, you are still retarded.

Fight fight! LOL

On another subject...I miss Titanium Iridium too. I have it on my Romeo 2.0 and its an awesome lens. For some reason I thought I saw that lens as an option on some model I didn't expect recently but for the life of me can't remember where now...

Might have been the Juliet...I thought that lens had been dumped but its available there.

Goody! Now I can start fighting with you! Or I could knock you for the use of the R word. Or both.

On another subject...I miss Titanium Iridium too. I have it on my Romeo 2.0 and its an awesome lens. For some reason I thought I saw that lens as an option on some model I didn't expect recently but for the life of me can't remember where now...
so much for your ucdavis education now.

Went to my Vault today. Here's what I learned from the reps.

1. Monster Dog, Hijinx, and M Frame Pro are discontinued. The reps were in the process of packing all their stuff up, including lenses, and shipping them back to corporate for use as parts for warranty.
2. AFR for football/hockey visors are discontinued and going back to corporate as well.
3. Oakley has stopped putting hydrophobic on new stock. There were too many complaints about it wearing off so they decided that if customers want hydrophobic, they can buy the kit and apply it themselves.

Went to my Vault today. Here's what I learned from the reps.

1. Monster Dog, Hijinx, and M Frame Pro are discontinued. The reps were in the process of packing all their stuff up, including lenses, and shipping them back to corporate.
2. AFR for football/hockey visors are discontinued and going back to corporate as well.
3. Oakley has stopped putting hydrophobic on new stock. There were too many complaints about it wearing off so they decided that if customers want hydrophobic, they can buy the kit and apply it themselves.

Thanks for the info...nice to hear straight from the sources. But why are they sending them back from A VAULT? Isn't the Vault FOR discontinued items???? If its being shipped back to corporate from even Vault's, where is it going? Or maybe I'm not clear on the process they use for ultimately distributing discontinued items.

The stuff is going back to headquarters. My guess is that some will go back online but most will be for warranty parts and future MPH pairs.

And lets try to keep this peaceful guys.

The stuff is going back to headquarters. My guess is that some will go back online but most will be for warranty parts and future MPH pairs.

Makes sense. I hadn't thought about the warranty repairs angle. I did think about MPH though as I've seen some MPH items pop up on models that were discontinued a couple years back.

Latest Posts

Back