• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C-Six Aluminum Clear Coat Peeling!

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
Has anyone had this problem yet with a C-Six Aluminum? The clear coat is peeling off of the aluminum on the inside lower left portion of the frame. It's right where the tip of the earstem touches when the frame is closed. I'm not too happy about it, obviously. I have always closed them without letting them pop the inside of the frame and can only assume the earstem tips have rubbed the frame when they were tucked inside a microfiber bag in a loose pocket of a jacket or pants. I've always figured I could better protect them in a loose pocket inside a microfiber bag as opposed to sitting on top of my head. I was wrong...
rege2a4y.jpg
upy6ysuq.jpg
vate7u2a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never wear oaks on top of your head, they will stretch out and/or break. The top of your head is wider than the middle. Wear them backwards when not in use.

I've never had that happen to mine and I've worn mine as much or more than you have.
Yeah I don't understand why the clear coat would chip so easy. I've babied these of course.
Never wear oaks on top of your head, they will stretch out and/or break. The top of your head is wider than the middle. Wear them backwards when not in use.
I
I've never worn the C-Six on top of my head. I have however worn X-Metals on top and I position them in a way that they don't stretch much. Maybe it's because I have a small head.

Have you contacted Oakley HQ about it? Given the high profile nature of the frames, they might be willing to do something...?

If you do contact them, post up here what they say - I'm curious how they respond. Especially given that now you have the holiest of holies too.

Have you contacted Oakley HQ about it? Given the high profile nature of the frames, they might be willing to do something...?

If you do contact them, post up here what they say - I'm curious how they respond. Especially given that now you have the holiest of holies too.
I was going to call them today, but didn't get around to it. I'll try next week and post up what they say.

Aluminum oxide is stable enough you shouldn't really have any corrosion issues.

I like the look of marks from repeated use on metal stuff. It's a sign they're getting used. Like getting a nice ass groove in your spot on the couch.

I really hope they will do something about it ! Here in canada they have absolutely no clue about elite pairs or limited runs. I called the HQ (canada) last year to get black iridium polarized lenses for my aluminum c six. The clerk asked me is it aluminum or carbon ? I said aluminum but does it matter ? He said yeah the two have different lens shape (ya right) he asked me to get there so they can ship it to california. The next day I go there and first thing I know they cannot get me new lenses. I was very upset for the time I lost going there and asked to talk to the guy I talked the day before and he told me "oh yesterday it was still possible to do it but then today the frame is discontinued so we can do nothing about it" YA RIGHT. I will never deal with them anymore.

I wish you better luck ! But I hear very good comments about the real HQ. Keep us updated bro !

Latest Posts

Back