• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C-Six Aluminum Clear Coat Peeling!

I am waiting in anticipation to see what they are able to do for you. As I imagine most of us with c-six's are.

Well, Oakley is having me send in the C-Six for further inspection. I spoke with them on the phone and apparently they do have the parts available to service the C-Six under warranty. I am sending them off today and very nervous about the whole situation. After seeing what happened to Infinitehero's watch when he sent it in for warranty work, I will be on pins and needles until they are back in my hands. Hopefully they take good care of them.
Best bet is you have a LOT of photos of what it looks like before you send them in. Yes?

Well I received some great news tonight on the C-Six. Oakley has replaced the entire aluminum portion of the frame and they're shipping it out next day air so I should have it tomorrow! I am super stoked that they kept some warranty parts around for these, as I was assuming that they didn't. As long as my C-Six is in good shape I'll have to say that Oakley's warranty department is top notch! It took a little longer than normal warranty pieces as it had to get forwarded up to some other department due to the value.

I was a bit worried too. I figured they would either just send them back in the shape they were in when I sent them,
or send them back scratched to hell. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told they replaced the aluminum portion of the frame.

A really really top notch customer service would have replaced the alumium portion of the frame for the carbon portion. Oh wait am I day dreaming ? Should I send my alu c six just in case ?

Well, I received my C-Six from the Oakley warranty department today. All I can say is these guys rock! Not only did they replace the aluminum frame, but they tossed in an Elite bag with my package. I was a bit scared, especially after having read some horror stories in the past, but Oakley came through for me. Their warranty department is top notch in my book!

Back