• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold C Six Carbon Fiber #97/250

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For wearing them 20-30 times, you really did a number on those poor things, man...

Someone will buy'em for @ $3500 here

Some people reacted to this post.
Just get ready for the online pm bidding that’s all…cool piece regardles.

Username Hidden said:
For wearing them 20-30 times, you really did a number on those poor things, man...
You're not wrong. When I posted my intro here I had not looked at these in some time, and when I inspected them for the sale post I was pretty surprised to see the black coating rubbed through at the tips of the temples and peaks of the logos. I don't see how that could have happened during wear - it's not like they went through a war, or I was smashing heads with a mosh pit full of punks in metal hats. I expect it must have happened during storage somehow, or in transport during one of several cross-country moves. But who knows.

The saving grace is that the CF components are in near mint condition. For me, the CF construction of these glasses were what made me fall in love with them. Always been a huge fan of CF. I even have a spare TP roll holder made of CF. But I digress.

As for the lenses, this isn't that much of a surprise to me, sadly. Scratches are scratches, but lamination issues seem like a reaction to heat spikes over years in storage. Oakley really ought to be offering identical OEM replacements for these like some have remarked that they had promised to. Years ago a shop told me Oakley no longer made replacements, and that's when these glasses went into permastorage, until now.

I've emailed Oakley about these topics yesterday, we'll see if they come back offering factory restoration or something, and what they say about replacement lenses. If email turns out useless I'll try calling. I imagine you all would know exactly what they can and can't do. I realize that restored glasses would not be as collectible as original mint, even by the OEM, though that would still be better than aftermarket resto. But if it were me wearing these - and if no one buys them, it will be - I would personally prefer to have them spruced up.

R

Username Hidden said:
eBay was your first and second mistake for your listing prices without box and documentation. As has been mentioned we are collectors and enthusiasts, and you’re attempting to sell an incomplete item, in questionable condition, at eBay prices.

Username Hidden said:
eBay was your first and second mistake for your listing prices without box and documentation. As has been mentioned we are collectors and enthusiasts, and you’re attempting to sell an incomplete item, in questionable condition, at eBay prices.
Show me one new in box on eBay in this price range and I’ll buy it myself. The eBay prices I’m seeing are several thousand higher than this.

Regarding questionable condition, I have exhaustively detailed the condition. If you have any further questions regarding it, I’ll be happy to answer them with additional photos.

Username Hidden said:
Show me one new in box on eBay in this price range and I’ll buy it myself. The eBay prices I’m seeing are several thousand higher than this.

Regarding questionable condition, I have exhaustively detailed the condition. If you have any further questions regarding it, I’ll be happy to answer them with additional photos.
Your’s is new??

Username Hidden said:
Your’s is new??

That 1st one you linked has been for sale for years and years.....that guy is just a joke!

Username Hidden said:
That 1st one you linked has been for sale for years and years.....that guy is just a joke!
Oh I’m well aware, but at least there’s documentation and original packaging/box. In addition to the pipe dream asking price.

To the op, maybe 4K at the most.

Username Hidden said:
Oh I’m well aware, but at least there’s documentation and original packaging/box. In addition to the pipe dream asking price.

To the op, maybe 4K at the most.
That's what I valued them at.....I'm sure he's willing to listen to offers and I'm sure he's had one or two.....these are damn rare even in not mint condition.

Username Hidden said:
That's what I valued them at.....I'm sure he's willing to listen to offers and I'm sure he's had one of two and these are damn rare even in not mint condition.
for sure. They are rare. But they lose the mystic in the condition they are in. Looks like an animal mauled them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back