• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found C six carbon

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
7k would be nice!!

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
7k would be nice!!
Yeah it was the right price for the pair. I felt like it wasn't the "I need this to complete my set" price that I would have paid so, there is that!
IMG_20200830_214631.jpg

IMG_20200830_214612.jpg

Carbons are listed on eBay right now, between $13K and $16K... but no one is buying. No carbons have sold on eBay recently, only aluminum, for between $2025-$2750.

Username Hidden said:
Paid $7000+ for mine but it is a proto and you gotta know who you are dealing with when you get em. that was last year.
pm'd

Username Hidden said:
Paid $7000+ for mine but it is a proto and you gotta know who you are dealing with when you get em. that was last year.
prototypes are more or less expensive?
what is the difference between proto and normal?

Username Hidden said:

No serial number, idk about box.. maybe no box at all

Real prototypes are those made in SLA resin or before manufacturing or differs from the regular release.
marketing prototypes are those that are exactly the same as the releases version but is stamped ‘PROTOTYPE’ on the left earsock and the box plate.
Pre production pair is the same as the regular release but no etchings on the beta titanium spine.
there are also athlete one offs like the Livestrong.

I would imagine buyers would prefer the regular release versions, other than the Livestrong, above prototypes since it has the complete bells and whistles and more difficult to replicate.

Username Hidden said:
@Oakley G broke it all down. these are, as he said a pre-production pair that has no markings, I got an extra set of lenses of an unofficial release for this pair and a box with no serial. Unless there is provenance, for something significant, like being the first pair or being used for a popular movie, etc. probably a lower value than the regular release.

I'm selling a carbon c-six

Status
Not open for further replies.