• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C-Six Lens Replacement

• Thread starter Jairmayah
  • Start date
J

Jairmayah

A friend of mine is selling me his aluminum C-Six but they have a miniscule scratch on one of the lenses and I wanted to get them replaced since everything is in flawless condition aside from the scratch. I called Oakley and they said they could sell me some lenses but I need to send the sunglasses in so they could replace them professionally, which is fine. I just want to know what the exact process is in replacing the lenses and if I could do it myself without ruining them. I was thinking about wearing them on special occasions, but if I did I would want to use the lenses with the scratch on them. Had anyone ever tried swapping the lenses out? Could anyone do a video or describe to me what to do? Thanks.

Oh really? That's it? Well that's good to know. The guy I talked to made it out like it wasn't an easy process and that I NEEDED to send them to Oakley or I couldn't buy the lenses. I'm wondering if that's so I can prove I own a pair and won't just resell the lenses. Thanks for the help!

With your newbie status here, I gotta ask - are you an existing Oaks enthusiast / collector who just now joined the forum or did you just recently catch the bug and are starting off with C-Six?

Welcome to the forum...

a6udadem.jpg

for me its just like changing lens on your juliets.. just be extra careful

With your newbie status here, I gotta ask - are you an existing Oaks enthusiast / collector who just now joined the forum or did you just recently catch the bug and are starting off with C-Six?

Welcome to the forum...
Haha! No, I have loved Oakley and only worn Oakley since 2009 but didn't really start collecting them until I got my first Oakley case back in September of last year. I don't have a whole lot of old/rare stuff since I just started collecting but my collection is growing pretty fast. This C-Six will make a great addition. Thanks for all the welcomes! This is an awesome site!

Welcome! Whoever you talked to fed you a load of B.S. on the lenses. Call up their warranty department and tell them you have a C-Six with lenses in bad shape and they will ship you a set of lenses for $85. Congrats on the pair btw, it's a beauty!

Latest Posts

Back