• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Cacatman's Personal Coronavirus COVID-19 Update Thread

Even more proof of the time in which we live. Mark 13:10-11.

Post Recovery - 76% continue to have symptoms after 60 days
In their study, Huang and colleagues examined 1,733 patients with COVID-19 who were discharged from Jin Yin-tan Hospital in Wuhan, where the pandemic originated. They included only patients discharged between Jan. 7, 2020, and May 29, 2020. The researchers conducted follow-up visits between June 16, 2020, and Sept. 3, 2020. The median time to follow-up was 186 days.

Additionally, neutralizing antibody levels declined by 52.5% after 6 months in 94 patients who had their immune response measured at the peak of their infection, which the researchers wrote may raise concerns about reinfection. The patients were a median age of 57 years (interquartile range = 47), and 52% of patients were men.

Thanks for the encouragement. Personally, I cling to John 14:27, 16:33, Rom 8:37-39, Isaiah 41:10, among others. Accepting His sovereignty doesn't negate acting with wisdom, hence this thread.
Yes all encouraging scriptures, wisdom and common sense go along way today. Ecclesiastes 7:12 Take care my friend 😀

Dam man....you really went all out on this thread.
LOL. Thanks! I did put everything up on FB, but I found it easier to order and do word searches in individual threads here. I have to keep up to date so this makes it much easier to find. Some of my other medico friends I cross-reference articles to, are wondering why there's COVID-19 stuff in an Oakley thread!!! :biggrin:

AstraZenica Vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, has the potential to reduce significantly the asymptomatic transmission of the virus. The data showed that PCR positive readings were reduced by 67% (CI: 49%, 78%) after a single dose, and 50% (CI: 38% to 59%) after the second dose regimen.

2 deaths following vaccination. Being investigated in Korea

The country’s federal health agency decided upon this action based on the small number of vaccine-induced prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia (VIPIT) incidents in Europe, which are being investigated.
Health Canada, the country’s federal health agency, announced today it is not recommending the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to be administered in its citizens for anyone 55 years old and younger. This decision was based on a small amount of VIPIT incidents that occurred in Europe.

A single standard dose of the vaccine was shown to maintain 76% efficacy (95% CI, 59.3-85.9%) against primary symptomatic COVID-19 in the first 3 months after vaccination. However, it does not protect against asymptomatic infection over the same time period (vaccine efficacy, -17.2%; 95% CI, -248.6 to 60.6%). A single dose did exhibit protection against any nucleic acid amplification test-positive infection from 22 to 90 days.

Blood clots related to the vaccine is about 1/250,000 with 1/3 dying ie death rate is 1/750,000 people. Probably related to an immune reaction involving platelets and white blood cells causing severe clotting within 2 weeks of administration.

But remember, 1/1000 people normally develop DVT (deep vein thrombosis) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2020806/). 6% die. ie 1/17,000 will die from a blood clot ie. you are more likely to die from a blood clot for some other reason.

Pregnancy increases the risk of DVT about 10 times (RACGP - Risk of venous thromboembolism in women taking the combined oral contraceptive: A systematic review and meta-analysis)

The oral contraceptive pill also increases risk of clotting. The risk of a DVT in women taking the pill is 1/3 that of pregnant women.

Therefore, benefit outweighs the risk significantly. The death rate from COVID-19 is thought to be about 1/200 people who get it.

Last edited:
Back