• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Cacatman's Personal Coronavirus COVID-19 Update Thread

Ive lost more friends to heroin than I have covid. I only know of pre existing who have died from it.
My 92 yr old grandmother-in-law just recovered from it.
We all tested positive over thanksgiving. fatigue was my symptom. Wife lost smell and taste. Kiddo just smell. Wouldnt have thought anything of it, but I got a fever. Havent had a fever since I was a child. So we tested and got results back the day before thanksgiving. lucky we werent the superspreaders at dinner lol. Honeslyu ve had worse hangovers than covid felt. No big deal for any of use

School Information - Asymptomatic Infections in Children
Small sample size, but about 20% of infected children are asymptomatic.

and percentage of asymptomatic children in a population is the same as the numbers of new cases....

COVID-19 Risk Factors in Children
More likely to have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of the virus and are less likely to have had
consistent mask use.
School attendance was NOT found to increase likelihood of testing positive.

The study (looking at spread in households) found that susceptibility to COVID-19 among children younger than 20 was 43% (95% CI: [31%, 55%]) of the susceptibility of adults and infectivity of children was 63% (95% CI: [37%, 88%]) of infectivity of adults.

The study found that the odds of testing positive for COVID-19 increased with age until about age 20 and remained constant thereafter.

About 36% of children who tested positive for COVID-19 were asymptomatic.

Last edited:
Treatment - Tocilizumab & Sarilumab may improve survival
Interleukin-6 receptor antagonists may improve outcomes of critically ill. Better results with these drugs in patients in ICU & had started organ support.

N.B. 3 previous studies had mixed results.

Shorter Quarantines Can Eliminate Most Contagion
In household contacts who were asymptomatic on day 5 with a negative test on day 5, 71 percent remained both negative and symptom-free for 14 days. By day 7, 91 percent of negative patients remained negative and asymptomatic by day 14 and by day 10 the number climbed to 93 percent.

Risk Factors - Hypertensive patients are more likely to be seriously ill
Because immune cells are already "pre-activated", but ACE Inhibitors can have a beneficial effect. They lower BP, but also counteract immune hyper activation.

There is also no increased risk in those taking antihypertensive drugs.

Risk - Short Telomeres (structures that protect the integrity of the chromosomes in cells)
Having short telomeres is associated with severe COVID-19 e.g. in pulmonary fibrosis.

Treatment - Convalescent Plasma Not Helpful
No significant differences were observed in clinical status or overall mortality between patients treated with convalescent plasma and those who received placebo.

REMAP-CAP is an international clinical trial exploring potential treatments for COVID-19. It has already recruited 4,100 COVID-19 patients at more than 290 clinical sites across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and Australasia.

Found no benefit.

Apple Watches Can Possibly Signal Early Infection!!
When it comes to COVID-19, individuals infected with the disease experience lower heart rate variability compared to those who tested negative. The study followed 300 health workers at Mount Sinai who wore Apple Watches for five months.

81% of those who tested positive for coronavirus experienced changes in their resting heart rates.

Back