• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Cacatman's Who's Who 2017 Oakley Forum List

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Updated 21st April, 2021 by @cacatman

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT EXHAUSTIVE LIST - TBC

Feel free to tag and write a Who's Who/orbituary for a fellow member and I'll include it (or PM me with it).

@**Tinman** - Don't know him at all, but he was the only person who encouraged me to make this thread. Now, we're both banned.

@Beardo0628- Keeping the beard game strong and always likes your posts, also adds kind words of encouragement. A positive presence here! (@Blondie). One of the most generous, if not the most generous guy here on the forum. Regularly gives away Oakleys to tons of people, most of whom he has never met.

@BigRabbit - Great collector who is extremely generous with his pricing! If you get anything from this guy, you know it's going to be super rare and excellent quality for a fantastic price.

@Blondie - There's only one thing better than a chick who loves cars, and that's a chick who loves Oakleys. She'll make your heart flutter if she comments on your thread and has a great sense of humour. If O.F. had a Queen, then we'd all be calling Blondie, HRH!! True fact.

@Bonz-1 - He's known as "The Polisher"! Loves polishing X-metals and anodizing and an all round great guy!!!

@BriP - Big collector from Western Australia. I was once flattered by being compared to BRiP who was a lot more active in the past. Solid member with a great rep!

@Chris A Hardaway - Need lenses cut? He's your man. Does an excellent job. Very reasonably priced. Very quick turnaround and very very approachable and responsive to questions. Top bloke (as we say Down Under).

@Chris515000 - Has an incredible Penny collection including customs. Supernice guy!

@cyclerdoug - Surprise surprise, he's a cycler! Knows his lenses. One of the regular guys you'll see around here.

@Da veracity - Incredibly generous dude who loves to help this community whenever he can. Scrubs up super well in a suit wearing a pair of sweet X-metals. Does get around Europe, too!

@Dallas O Hog - The Encyclopaedia Britannica of X-metals. Once you've exhausted your friends and the search bar, ask him your question if you really want your answer!

@dh4645 - Space reserved

@Dieseltech - Supernice guy. Has the reputation for being one of the nicest guys on this forum. Never a bad word out of this fellow. He typifies what your mother told you, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!". Loves anything titanium!!

@dingo ate my baby - Super tight X-metal collector who has a lot of rare stuff to trade. His eye and ability to get a bargain is legendary. The term "Dingo pricing" was coined in reference to him.

@DjDan - From Avon Lake, Ohio. Big into sports, especially the MLB, MMA, NBA, NFL, motocross, super cross (what the heck is the difference?!!), college football, you name a sport, the guy is into it!

@dragonvoi - Space reserved

@Dullisc and his adorable daughter, the ginger duo who makes us smile as we watch her convert to an Oakley fan.... always happy when she is, and welcoming newbies to OF

@Funky-Trixtar - This Brit is the King of Ruby lenses. Spend too much time with him and you'll be hooked on 'em. His nickname? "Ruby Wan Kenobi".

@GamerGuySam - Loves his infinite hero collection and anything X-metal. So chilled out that he should have been an American. The first guy I know who's girlfriend followed him onto the forum taking on part of his avatar name, @GamerGirlSara (a trend, later to be followed by @Louiegirl who took on @Trucker360's first name).

@GH4AU - One of the more senior members with one of the most extensive collections and tons of rare stuff.

@GRFMotorsports - aka Vintage O-Matter Connoisseur (this took me 5 minutes to write because I had to check how to spell "connoisseur"). Has massive collection of Oakley Motorsport related and signed pieces.

@htrap2294 - Very generous guy with a sharp eye for good lenses.

@iamFLIP - Space reserved

@jdd32 - Sydney based X-metal artist/fixer. If you're in the southern hemisphere, does great work!

@Jimbabwe - Our resident sailor who has some amazing pieces including a great set of Over the Tops!

@Jmgarcia - Space reserved

@Jon the Don - Loves his x-metals, but what really makes you warm to this dude is the way he takes care of his dogs, and I'm not even a "pet" person. They say that "the sort of person you are is reflected by the way you treat those who can't do anything to you". This guy is awesome.

@kronin323 - Expect useful, honest and ethical advice from this Texan. He'll challenge your thinking. I call him SOOF (Socrates of the Oakley Forum). I'm serious. If you have a question about Oakley (especially if it's technical), he'll blow your mind with what he's got hidden away. He also happens to be an incredibly accomplished (amateur) chef. Check it out here.

@Linegear Japan - Kimsan is based in Japan and is the Linegear Rep there. Super polite respectful guy who will give you some great deals. Also sells a lot of top end X-metals from time to time. Great guy to deal with.

@Lupetto - Based in Japan, this guy gets some great rare Japanese only released products for sale. Expect to pay a little more because of the distance. But his stuff is top notch.

@Medusa50 - Was one of the guys on this forum who gave me some great advice about an Oakley issue when I was just starting out. Thanks! Very colourful character to have around. Has a fetish for Oakley display cases (has more than 99% of people here) with an equally impressive collection, as well as 1/16, 1/24 funny cars. While he has a sharp tongue, at least you know where you stand, and he puts it to good use dishing out some wicked (and at times self-deprecating) humour. Don't take what he says to seriously (I think if he really genuinely hated you, he would have written to you in PM...or not).

@mercbezerk - Based in South Africa, Shannon surely has to have one of the best collections in the world.

@mjt42 - Space reserved

@OakleyBoss - Creator and founder of Oakley Forum. Keeps a low profile. If you get a message in your inbox from him, you will feel one of two emotions : immense fear that you are going to be imminently banned or totally flattered.

@OakleyFrankFMJ - Billionaire, playboy, genius (...at least in his own words). The only thing rarer than a Livestrong carbon C6, are the number of items that Uncle Frank has needed to purchase from other people second hand! He's the most prolific poster on O.F. and arguably the most annoying (to some, but especially if you don't "get him"). Allegedly has one of the largest collections in the world because he buys at least 3 of everything, and certainly has the largest collection of carbon C6es (at least 6, I believe). Allegedly a vampire born in the 12th Century who owns a castle. Routinely scares off Newbies. He's basically the "Stress Test" of OF. If you survive, then you can stay.

@oly396 - OF ninja... he hides well and only comes out After Dark... ;P

@pjd1234 - This dude has a great sense of humour. :D:p If it ain't fun he's out :). Don't let that fool you into thinking his just a clown. This guy has a super serious collection. He knows when to speak serious.

@QLR1 - Resident #2 poster on O.F. Super active on numerous other FB forums also! This dude has a heart of gold and keeps Uncle Frank in check. Has the most "likes" on O.F. on account of his almost daily OOTD posts. The only frequent selfie poster that really genuinely puts a smile on your face anytime he posts. Has a reputation for being the "Enforcer".

@Rcga32 - Is a big track and road bike cyclist/competetitor, so it makes sense that he has a massive collection of radars and knows pretty much all there is to know about them. He always loves a Safehouse, so if you have one, let him know.

@scienergy - X-Metal focused offering new replacement parts, repairs, lenses, restorations & customizations which include blast refinishing & professional Cerakote application.

@SiRacer420 - Honest, hardworking, generous. He's the go-to-guy for 3D printing, Oakley (and other stickers) and now lens etching. Generous guy who currently runs the Oakley of the Month competition.

@SouLFuLFrog - Moderator. Artist. Frog collector. Paints all O-matter. Literally is a Master Craftsman. Although he's based in Canada, prices for his stuff and his custom jobs are very worthwhile. If you can imagine it, he can paint it. He deserves his thread to be stickied, but because he is a Moderator, it's considered a "conflict of interest". Well, if you take a look, I think you'll agree with me, that it ought to be!!

@Spenc - Maker of some of the most incredible bespoke Bob-esque/Spike creations you will ever have the opportunity to buy. Check his gear out!

@Steven Goldberg - Awesome seller who is very approachable and very reasonable. Collects some amazing watches (of which Oakley is a small part). Would love to catch up with this guy one day. He's the bomb!

@supersharp - Porsche owning Oakley wielding regular. Just recently had a big victory in a very challenging time of his life. The only bigger thing in his life than Oakleys is his kid.

@The_Darkone - Keeps a low profile and has an incredible watch collection.

@THE X-MAN - It's hard to know whether he is more famous for his "X-man tight" X-metal nose bridge services or his unbelievable stealth X-metal paint jobs or his super smooth plasma finishes. If you're looking to do a job on your X-metals, look no further!

@Tidezealot - Our very own snow monkey. Expert skier and understandably collects sports frames including a very impressive scar collection. Has a generous heart!

@Trucker360 - Seriously, what a crazy redneck. This guy works hard for his family and loves his Oakleys. Check out his recent video where he sees whether Oakley lenses can take a bullet, and then subsequently blows them up to kingdom come!

@washi me sensie - Top representative of OF to Red Cross and all around nice guy!

@Wavecloud - A Brit who as a great collection of lowlight lenses, splatter frames including a super rare oki-ni Eyeshade pair. This guy has a real generous heart and looks out for people in the Oakley community. Top quality dude!

@Wesleypipesyo - Relatively new, but making quite an impression. Loves Star Wars.

@Wicked - Knowledeable, trustworthy, smart mouthed guy. Really admire this guy for his values and outstanding A1 character (as far as you can know someone online), hence my homage avatar to wicked!!

@X-Metal Beast - Want to buy or trade excellent quality X-metals with no hassle or B.S.? This straight talking Floridian is no nonsense, objective, but be warned, he won't suffer fools lightly. He's an X-metal mentor to me like no other. Has one of the most desirable custom X-metal collections EVER. And I mean EVER. Check them out.

@Zax - Teacher who does some amazing DIY stuff. Very level headed and friendly. Our kids are in safe hands with this dude!

@zwc0442 - Incredible anodising and cerakotes....and I mean incredible. Check out his threads!

Last edited:
Hello bros! Currently in Nepal to help out with the earthquake relief... got some net today but tomorrow we will be moving out so i guess i cant visit my favorite forum until end of may! if you can please donate to any Red Cross or Red Crescent Societies... it will help a lot! just think like buying a shirt from oakleyvault, your 10 dollars will surely make a huge difference. Special shout out to @GH4AU for sending me well wishes... @dr.chop for understanding (we have some "unpaid" business), to @Dallas O Hog also for some "unpaid" transaction and to some other guys who gave some encouragement!

so washimesensie here representing the oakleyforum community for humanity!

Cant leave home without my gears... bucket hat... boots... hardshell backpack!

View attachment 150873

eyejackets in Nepal Red Cross headquarters....

View attachment 150874

Top representative of Oforum to Red Cross and all around nice guy!

Latest Posts

Back