• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Call Me A Chemist...

That's what one of the O-Store employees thought when he first saw them, until he got a closer look :p

Ok, i need to stop hijacking your thread :)

The Ti02's look SICK. I really want a pair, but not willing to pay the current asking prices. Hopefully my patience will pay off in the near future.
Knowing your luck you'll find one tomorrow on the LA CL at $1. :p

I just realized that the TiO2 is referring to the orbitals as the stems and flex coupler are regular X-Metal material. It's the opposite with the 24K where the gold is on the stems and flex coupler and the orbitals are regular plasma material. Kind of a vice versa with the two.

wait, dont both the 24k and the TiO2 have plasma orbitals? the only diff is that 24k has gold where the tio2 has x-metal
The 24K's orbitals definitely look like they're plasma. The TiO2 orbitals look like an entirely different finish. It's much more paler in color and it doesn't have that glossy, shiny finish. The finish looks like the X-Metal finish where it's flat/matte.

I think it depends which generation you got. I'm don't know about the Ti02, but the Gen1 24k orbitals are a darker finish compared to the Gen2.

oh how interesting. i wonder if the 'original' titanium/ plasma colorway was like that (i.e., before they had to change it to fix discoloration issiues etc).

close up pics please? (i hope you have a decent camera with a macro function...)

oh how interesting. i wonder if the 'original' titanium/ plasma colorway was like that (i.e., before they had to change it to fix discoloration issiues etc).

close up pics please? (i hope you have a decent camera with a macro function...)
My camera sucks but I'll give it a try. You can see the color differences in the second pic I posted in the initial post. I'll try to get a pic that'll show the difference in finish.

Back