• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Call me Romeo because I just stole Juliet's heart!

yup X-metal is really dark when its low-light conditions.. and goes quite pale in the bright sun! i think vintage X-metal has the more "rough" look.. mm industrial

yeah definitely.. i always clean secondhand pairs thoroughly once i get them. good thing about X-Metal is its perfectly happy in water and soap.. then i'll just get the hairdryer onto it after.. all good!

Yea these things are built like tanks. I had a few white marks on my 1st gen I got from oakleyandi and I used steel wool to buff it out lol.

No swirl marks, SpliceD did it as well and his turned out fine. I don't know if my particular one was raw metal but yea nothing rubbed off when I buffed it out.

No swirl marks, SpliceD did it as well and his turned out fine. I don't know if my particular one was raw metal but yea nothing rubbed off when I buffed it out.

I didn't do it all over the frame, but it took out the really bad spots on the orbitals. I still have some marks here and there, but you can't tell when wearing them.

Back