• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling all Oakley Spike Guru's

JBT

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask some general questions. I've been taking an interest in Oakley Spikes and I'm hoping to get some insight regarding the "Light Frame/Titanium Lens" version.

I've noticed on Ebay/Google pics that some Spikes have a serial number on one of the inner arms and some that don't (example 05-932).

Does having the serial number on the inner arm legitimize them or were there some that didn't have the serial number? I have noticed the odd picture of Spikes without the serial number on the inner arm. Would different Spike versions or different production times have any bearing on this?

Look forward to anyone's knowledge on this. Thanks!

its not a serial number, its the SKU- identification code for the colorway and model. so it changes only if the frame/lens combo is different.

btw ive seen many spikes break- the construction just isnt as robust as it should be... bit decently cool looking pair i guess ;)

Thanks for your prompt reply. So to re-phrase my question, does having no SKU code on the inner arm mean that they're fake? Or were there some produced without the SKU number on the inner arm? Thanks in advance.

3 or 4 years ago oakley had a friends and family sale a few blocks in a parking lot away from corp office and you can custom spike for 50 dollars a pair , choose lens and frame, my pair from the event just say titanium on one arm and the other arm said spike. No model number. I went crazy and got 4 pairs made. As of today only one pair survived, 3 pairs broke or got lost from being sat on or lost.
19A95C72-1A2B-4521-95DE-9C0D9488029F-731-00000078016BA3D2_zps9804c3f7.jpg

Over time the arms get loose, and when you close them the arms hit the back of the lenes. You can try screw tighter on the hinge, but doesn't really help. My last pair in great condition cause I bearly wear it.

yeah the hinge design is under engineered. a fail in my eyes for sure. the titanium frames hold up better simply because the c5 ones will warp if you press them wrong.

the lack of a SKU could mean it was a custom (OCP) frame, so not a dealbreaker..

Back