• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling All Premium Members: New Feature Ideas?

i think the goal here is to increase premium membership. I believe the suggestion was not to limit new members to a WTS or WTB thread...the only difference is that premium members can see them first before regular members do. Someone said the window will be between 12-24hrs. I just want it to be clear its not my idea at all! We all care the same but in the end caring doesnt pay the bills. The admin has to run them by all means necessarry without incurring losses. Whatever works or not im up to it. Dont take it the wrong way, i thought i was communicating with a premium members coz the thread specifically says so.

As I understood it, Boss wasn't looking for ideas to increase premium membership but for ideas to add some more perks to premium membership as he was starting to make available some functionality (image uploads) to every member that had previously only been premium.

I revived this thread only to thank him for one of the new functions he added, after some time using it.

I don't know if he's still looking for new ideas. I'd guess he's still open to hear whatever somebody wants to suggest, but I'd bet $$ that restricting or regulating the exchange will stay out-of-scope and debating it further is wasted effort.

I'd be down for having the option to donate 1% of a transaction or something to the site. Even at that percentage, with the amount of money exhancged here you could easily run the site and get some more oak money.

I could get behind something like this before the 12 hour deal. It would be kind of like ebay but cheaper... It could even be capped so that no one pays more than $2 per transaction, so 1% up to $200.00 or something along those lines. The only problem I see is that people would start raising prices by that amount or state buyer pays it (i.e. PP fees) I feel the 12 hour thing will make others feel like they HAVE to purchase the premium membership in order to get the good deals and that will take away some of the equality and general feel around here. No one wants to be forced to buy into a forum. This is by far the best run and maintained forum I have been a part of and wanted to support things like evolution and keeping the lights on so I signed up for premium. The amount of money I have saved on deals far out weigh the small cost to help out and that's without giving any value to the knowledge that is here and given FREELY! If the way this forum is run and set up reflects the small amount of money made from premium memberships one can only imagine what this place would be like if 1% was donated per transaction.

I always like getting feedback and love new creative ideas, but @kronin323 hit it on the head. I'm not trying to increase premium memberships with the thread, or ramp up forum revenue, I was just trying to get new ideas for features.

The premium membership started after a member asked to donate money to not see ads. This site has never taken donations, we believe it is better to give our donating members a little something in return. It does not make premium members exempt from any rules, or different than any one else, it just gives them some features that hopefully make there time on here a little more convenient. This site has always been about the community, and we have no intent on changing that.

I also agree with @Rustpot, forums need new members, and we need to be welcoming of these members. Everyone was new once, and if you simply choose to wall off the site, and deal with the same people, it will simply die off. The Oakley community has millions of members, and I believe that this site can help them come together!

Maybe the original idea wasn't that bad then...? A 12 hr head start for premium members ... It's not too big an advantage... But enough to make it worth the while...

Also... Any way to make more achievement/milestones like logos next to our names for premium members ...

Post count #
Years of membership
Any-other-idea-I-can't-think-of-now-because-it's-flipping-late-and-my -brain-is-shot?
Or how about a feature where premium members can 'type' up what theyre looking for and get a 'first dids' notification when someone posts what theyre looking for? I think 12hrs is a little too long of a head start. I feels like us non members are picking up premes scrap with that forum.

Or how about a feature where premium members can 'type' up what theyre looking for and get a 'first dids' notification when someone posts what theyre looking for? I think 12hrs is a little too long of a head start. I feels like us non members are picking up premes scrap with that forum.
Something has to pay the bills

I think its a win-win for buyers and sellers. Sellers will get offers faster because their postings are going to someone who is looking for what theyre selling and buyers dont have to rummage thru tons of threads to find what theyre looking for. Especially premium members.

Or u can offer a limited amount of entries non members can enter and unlimited amount for premium members so that non members can try it and get additional motivation to become premium members.

Latest Posts

Back