• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling All Thump Experts!

sideways

Oakley Expert
Texas
I just bought a set of thumps off of a kid on clist for a reaaaaally good price. The only problem is that he removed the earbuds because he says they stopped playing music...my theory is that they just needed to be reset because the battery still works and the memory unit still holds songs.

So my question is....are these thumps FUBAR because he pulled the speakers out, or is there still hope for these bad boys?

Here are a few pics of the glasses that might help.
44AD708A-2664-41DD-A2BC-EFBA8A21AEF1-33397-000027DBAE42D05D.jpg

6F60C6A7-CDAB-42BA-8B51-4D26E8713981-33397-000027DBB4BF4ACD.jpg

05D1DF96-F847-41BD-9E28-EB8EC44C4DEB-33397-000027DBBABAA656.jpg

66B7361D-386B-4905-8711-F894FE367748-33397-000027DBBFDC7448.jpg

5333976A-AE4B-48D7-945A-01DBF0E096E0-33397-000027DBC5744456.jpg

D527263E-4A78-4100-A982-9CDCD4AC3DC5-33397-000027DBCADB3063.jpg

Thanks for the help in advance!

It might be best to look on ebay to find a pair that doesn't work & possibly use parts off that one to try to bring those Night Camo's back to life if all you think you need are the speaker/earbuds. But take not of how everything is wired up before stripping down if you do go down that route. There have been a few on ebay just lately that have been selling due to the charging light working but unable to get sound out of it so you still might not get them working even by trying to rebuild them.

Oakley_Sight said:
It might be best to look on ebay to find a pair that doesn't work & possibly use parts off that one to try to bring those Night Camo's back to life if all you think you need are the speaker/earbuds. But take not of how everything is wired up before stripping down if you do go down that route. There have been a few on ebay just lately that have been selling due to the charging light working but unable to get sound out of it so you still might not get them working even by trying to rebuild them.

I think eBay will be my best bet at rebuilding these, I'm going to try my luck and see what I come up with but if anyone has anymore suggestions they will still be much appreciated!

Aren't these the thumps you were looking for a while back?

Saw a few videos on Utube show casing the fake version of the thump. Maybe pick up a cheap pair of these to frankenstein on if you cant find a O solution.

How hard is it to switch out the actual MP3 unit? As I mentioned on here previously, I was given a pair of functional Thumps, but both lenses are shot. I had a member on here offer to sell me a shell frame and lenses. Is it a pretty simple process?

Krank said:
Saw a few videos on Utube show casing the fake version of the thump. Maybe pick up a cheap pair of these to frankenstein on if you cant find a O solution.

Any links to these vids?might be a simple way to test the speaker functionality.

TheRevTy said:
How hard is it to switch out the actual MP3 unit? As I mentioned on here previously, I was given a pair of functional Thumps, but both lenses are shot. I had a member on here offer to sell me a shell frame and lenses. Is it a pretty simple process?

I've actually never taken one apart. I don't think it would be extremely difficult but nothing is ever as easy as it seems:/

I think eBay will be my best bet at rebuilding these, I'm going to try my luck and see what I come up with but if anyone has anymore suggestions they will still be much appreciated!

Aren't these the thumps you were looking for a while back?

Yep & I got mine the other week. Just need a fully working Red Camo pair to complete. But I'm not willing to pay the over inflated price on them. Like Krank said maybe look at the MP3 Sunglasses that are on eBay & try to make your Thumps work from those. Could be a cheaper way of doing it.

Oakley_Sight said:
Yep & I got mine the other week. Just need a fully working Red Camo pair to complete. But I'm not willing to pay the over inflated price on them. Like Krank said maybe look at the MP3 Sunglasses that are on eBay & try to make your Thumps work from those. Could be a cheaper way of doing it.

I'm glad you finally got them!! I found a replica pair on eBay that's almost identical to the thumps for only 15 dollars shipped...even though it's not authentic O gear I think it would still be awesome just to get them working again. Much like you, I'm not willing to pay crazy prices for broken thumps just for parts

I'm glad you finally got them!! I found a replica pair on eBay that's almost identical to the thumps for only 15 dollars shipped...even though it's not authentic O gear I think it would still be awesome just to get them working again. Much like you, I'm not willing to pay crazy prices for broken thumps just for parts

Check out this from the O-review too. It might be of some help once you get things swapped over.
The Oakley Review - Articles

Back