• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling All Vintage Professionals - New Straight Jacket Question

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
Do you have information on the order of colorways released, or did they come out with the whole line at once?

I have no informations about that and on o-review the release dates are not listed.
Anyway I think it doesn't depend on the release date of colorways.
GRF's carbon fiber is dimpled, mine not and picture 1 & 2 are both polished aluminum/fire.

PMd Monster Beetle

Those are original Straight Jacket, not New Straight Jacket II.
The one in Pic. #1 is the latest version, the one in Pic #2 is the first version.
I have had 4 of these, the oldest frame was discarded, the plastic turned brittle and broke on the hinge part of the earpieces.
The lenses was turned into great Clipons for my everyday glasses!
I have one old one still, it is fitted from Oakley with yellow prescription lenses with no correction, for late night motorbike driving.
The last 2 are like one in Pic #1, and were purchased in a store here in Oslo after 2000 some time.

Those are original Straight Jacket, not New Straight Jacket II.
The one in Pic. #1 is the latest version, the one in Pic #2 is the first version.
I have had 4 of these, the oldest frame was discarded, the plastic turned brittle and broke on the hinge part of the earpieces.
The lenses was turned into great Clipons for my everyday glasses!
I have one old one still, it is fitted from Oakley with yellow prescription lenses with no correction, for late night motorbike driving.
The last 2 are like one in Pic #1, and were purchased in a store here in Oslo after 2000 some time.

This thread is about New Straight Jacket, not Straight Jacket and New Straight Jacket II !!!

I dont know why everyone keeps thinking the "New Straight Jacket" is the original "Straight Jacket" To help with the difference to those that dont know the top pic is an ORIGINAL STRAIGHT JACKET, molded emblems, brittle frame, etc...

DSC02327.jpg

This is a NEW STRAIGHT JACKET, thinner stems, metal icon...

DSC02326.jpg

This is a Straight Jacket II, nothing like the original or NSJ,

DSC01362.jpg

Any Questions?

Other than when the change in design happened on the NSJ.

I have a Brown tortoise / Gold Irid polarized pair that says 2006 on the box.. has the same mold as your first picture

Thanks.

So far we have 2001, 2002 and 2006 confirmed as dimpled pairs and the production year seems to be a dead-end :mad:

Latest Posts

Back