• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CALLING DR. CHOP! Lens Cutting Question Inside...

The Raven

Oakley Beginner
I PM'ed Dr. Chop about this and didn't get a reply, so maybe he didn't see the message, or is just a very busy man. I figured i'd post it out here so it can't be missed and maybe others can chime in...

I have a pair of Straight Jacket (2.0) +Red lenses that I am replacing. This set has a very deep scratch on the very bottom of the left lens. I was wondering if it's possible to cut these lenses down to Flak Jacket (non-XLJ) size. It looks like it should be, and it also looks like doing this would cut off most of the scratch and make these a very nice, useful pair of lenses again.

So my question is, is this possible? And what's it going to cost me? Dr Chop, or anyone else who provides this service, please chime in or PM me.

I PM'ed Dr. Chop about this and didn't get a reply, so maybe he didn't see the message, or is just a very busy man. I figured i'd post it out here so it can't be missed and maybe others can chime in...

I have a pair of Straight Jacket (2.0) +Red lenses that I am replacing. This set has a very deep scratch on the very bottom of the left lens. I was wondering if it's possible to cut these lenses down to Flak Jacket (non-XLJ) size. It looks like it should be, and it also looks like doing this would cut off most of the scratch and make these a very nice, useful pair of lenses again.

So my question is, is this possible? And what's it going to cost me? Dr Chop, or anyone else who provides this service, please chime in or PM me.

straight jacket lenses is not big enough for flak jacket, you could cut it for penny or juliet though.

Back