• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Camping Anyone??

Mizztyler91

Oakley Beginner
Columbia, MO
How many of us like to go camping? Post where and with what. Here's what my family and I camp in:

This is when we went to Niagara Falls, but this picture in in Ontario Canada on our way there.

Here's the whole get-up, truck and trailer in Niagara Falls, New York.

This is the view from our camp site when we went to the Grand Tetons/Yellowstone

Last edited by a moderator:
My idea of camping use to be stay in the condo at the lake and spend the day with friends out on the water. Now we have a tent and such to get a more "back to nature" feel sometimes when we dont want the crowds. Been to the river once with it and in the backyard twice so far. Plan on camping both ways more this summer as time allows. I'll see if I can round up some pics.

I'll do some weekend camping in the camp grounds around the West Virginia/ Western Maryland area with a tent (and my air mattress, don't have to rough it THAT much lol). I love cooking over the fires and to just go hiking. I deff need to find more time to go to diff places and camp. Would love to do some out west and such, but I'll have to stick with the eastern beauty :) May have to do a vermont wkd of camping maybe this year.

Yeah, I love camping. However I don't like to stay on designated campgrounds. So mostly I go to Scandinavia with a friend where we get ourselves a canoe. Then make a trip of about 200 kilometers and put up the tent on an island in the lakes :)
Really awesome, I can recommend everybody to do so.

Last year I made a road trip through some scandinavian nature reserves where we put up the tent whenever we saw a nice place. But with the canoe is even cooler, even more adventurous.

been camping a few times. the last time i remember i stayed the weekend at Mammoth Caves here in KY. (gs300 knows what im talking about). Anyways they took us on a tour of the caves and they take you like prob about 100 ft or more underground and is pretty cool. Also the other thing i remember about this trip was there was a big boat that you drive your can onto it and it takes you across the river. This was umm 7 years ago or so, so i dont have any pics or anything, but that was the last time i went camping :)

I like camping, don't get to do it much tho.
Umpqua river, near Portland, OR. Our camping spot was right along the river. A lot of fun.
NOT MY PICTURE but this is what it looked like, awesome place, great scenery. I really Hope to go back soon.

umpqua5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back