• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can a radar be rxed?

Mits0108

Oakley Expert
HI
I was wondering can a radar be rxed? Similar to that of how the m frame can be.......?

The radar pace is coming out soon....
SInce my eyesight is really bad....... it would be cool when I go on a run to have an rxed radar pace...........

Any theories or ways to do this...? Is it even possible?

You have to order them from oakley. I was looking for the rear clips but can't find any for the radars.

Recently someone (can't remember who) on the forum mentioned that the radar pace can't be rxed?

Any ideas on how to rx a radar pace? I'm really keen to get the pace, but without an rx insert or some type of modification... there's no point.....:(

Any ideas or help or tips would be appreciated....

I strongly recommend that, for info about Oakley Rx products, you call or visit the optician at an Oakley Store. They have the latest Oakley Rx info, and are happy to tell you what they know. Not all Oakley Stores have opticians, so you may have to call a few stores before you find an Oakley optician.
The Radar Pace is a new product, with a new shield design, so I can imagine that there might be some delay before Oakley has enough Radar Pace shields available to start supplying them to the Rx department. At first glance, I don't see anything in the design of the Radar Pace shield that would prevent Oakley from installing prescription inserts. But, again, I recommend contacting an Oakley Store optician to get accurate information about Oakley Rx products.

Hey guys,

A few Oakley shield type lenses can still be RXed. Colors are very limited. They aren't doing Prizm, or many of the other great colors iridium's. I'm at home without the list but I believe Gold Iridium, Black Iridium, Grey, Bronze and the like are available on the attached frames.

The Radar Pace can not be RXed yet as @Sun & Sand pointed out.

Radar Edge, Radar EV, Radar Lock, Radar Lock Vented, and M2 are currently RXable as of this writing.

There aren't any RX inserts Or clip ons that I've ever seen or heard of for Oakley... Although they might have been available to some special military, swat, or si units that I'm not familiar with.

When you purchase an RX lens shield they are only direct through an optician or Oakley dealer like myself. Random doctors. Retail chains, or most private practice ODs don't carry them.

The rx portion of the lens is "relatively small" in my opinion. However may be bigger than rx inserts from companies like Rudy Project.

I hope this helps! Attached is also a picture of one of these RX jobs, a radarlock.

Screenshot_2016-08-06-14-56-03.png

Screenshot_2016-11-20-21-53-28.png

This is the only clip-on prescription adapter I know of that supposedly fits some Oakley shields.
I've never used it, nor do I know anybody who has ever used it. In fact, I've never even seen it in person.
The manufacturer claims that it fits the Ballistic M-Frame 2.0 and 3.0 (not Radar).
Perhaps an M-Frame Guru such as @Rustpot might have seen these Rx adapters in use somewhere?

U-Rx Insert

Latest Posts

Back