• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can a titanium band from a Gearbox go on to a Gearbox that has/had a Unobtainium band?

Oh...that was not me....that is what the O rep told me on the phone. They "pressurize" the watch after a battery change. Whatever that means....but I follow.
i believe Pressure testing is subjecting the watch to simulated water pressure to ensure all of the seals are intact keeping the watch water tight

Yep...even asked them for a one time favor because I have a few outstanding orders there were pushed back on backorder FIVE damn times. I had stuff put on back order a few times....but FIVE? Thats nuts. And it's for a dozen Juliet accessory kits. They have them in the cage....just sitting there, but insist they only use those kits for when glasses are sent in.
Imagine if you sent in your Juliets and they held them for a few months because someone bought all the rubber kits off the shelf. Would you rather they made you wait to get a set of rubber, or someone else wait to get their glasses back?

They keep certain stock as warranty/repair only, for most current frames in fact. Call warranty a little while after a frame gets dumped and you can usually get rubber kits or lenses when they start to reduce on hand stock.

Yep...even asked them for a one time favor because I have a few outstanding orders there were pushed back on backorder FIVE damn times. I had stuff put on back order a few times....but FIVE? Thats nuts. And it's for a dozen Juliet accessory kits. They have them in the cage....just sitting there, but insist they only use those kits for when glasses are sent in.

So I said....ok, I have a 24K Juliet that needs rubber pieces and a tune...maybe some lenses and new T-Shocks. And in order to get lenses, rubber pieces, etc. I have to send them in? She said "correct". So I told her....here is my problem. These glasses can for as much as $3,4,5,000. They are very expensive. So if I need something as simple as T-Shocks.....I need to send you the glasses. And I continued to tell her that what happens if my glasses get lost in the mail? She said I am covered under insurance when shipping to and from Oakley. OK....so if you lose my 24K Juliets, how much will I get reimbursed? She said whatever I paid for them. So if they were $400 14 years ago...that's what I will get. IN STORE CREDIT!!! I tried to tell her uou could put a down payment on a small house with the value of these glasses....I REFUSE TO SEND THEM TO YOU. So a senior rep gets on the phone....very nice guy, and he totally agreed with me. He said Harry....I spoke with you before and you are a great customer. But you are right in this case....DO NOT SEND YOUR X-METALS TO OAKLEY. And I told him about my watch....he said my best bet is to have it changed next time you are in LA or in the UK. UGH.....
The 24k is beautiful, what serial did you get?

Imagine if you sent in your Juliets and they held them for a few months because someone bought all the rubber kits off the shelf. Would you rather they made you wait to get a set of rubber, or someone else wait to get their glasses back?

They keep certain stock as warranty/repair only, for most current frames in fact. Call warranty a little while after a frame gets dumped and you can usually get rubber kits or lenses when they start to reduce on hand stock.

Lots of people have Juliets and will only wear Juliets for ever and ever. That said, they should always have plenty on hand for purchase and for warranty. Not sure how many are silly enough to send them in, but some people do. So look at it this way....imagine if Oakley was up to date with getting their sh!t together and not having customers who place orders get 5 yes....your read that correctly FIVE notifications that their order for replacement kits are once again, being pushed on back order. Especially when they tell you they have thousands of kits just sitting in the warranty cage collecting dust.

Yeah....just imagine, right???

The 24k is beautiful, what serial did you get?

No, I do not own a 24K (I was using that as an example) Juliet. I have thought about it...but I think it's a bit too much "bling". I can dig gold lenses on black frames...but not gold frames. I have gold Carrera and RayBan frames....but don't like them and never wear them though (they were hand me down frames). I very well might get a pair later on down the line just for the "collection's sake". But I honestly think it's a bit over the top. I had a chance to grab one pair at $999 from my local jewelry shop....number was in the mid 600s if I recall correctly.

No, I do not own a 24K (I was using that as an example) Juliet. I have thought about it...
So was the conversation with CS a lie, or did you lie to CS?

Lots of people have Juliets and will only wear Juliets for ever and ever. That said, they should always have plenty on hand for purchase and for warranty. Not sure how many are silly enough to send them in, but some people do. So look at it this way....imagine if Oakley was up to date with getting their sh!t together and not having customers who place orders get 5 yes....your read that correctly FIVE notifications that their order for replacement kits are once again, being pushed on back order. Especially when they tell you they have thousands of kits just sitting in the warranty cage collecting dust.

Yeah....just imagine, right???
Your post come across as snarky. I don't care how many notifications for backorder you've gotten, it sounds like the list of people waiting is long and the last 5 times they've gotten stock wasn't enough to get to you.

How horrible that they give preferential treatment to people that send their stuff in and keep stock especially for them. Because it makes Harry have to wait.

So was the conversation with CS a lie, or did you lie to CS?

Your post come across as snarky. I don't care how many notifications for backorder you've gotten, it sounds like the list of people waiting is long and the last 5 times they've gotten stock wasn't enough to get to you.

How horrible that they give preferential treatment to people that send their stuff in and keep stock especially for them. Because it makes Harry have to wait.

No, I just don't trust Oakley when it comes to returns and for warranty claims and issues, smart guy. I know many people who have lost very expensive items....only to get an apology and store credit. I would rather send my stuff to the X-Man and pay him to do the work....the work is not only better, but I can pay to have it insured any way I want. So as "snarky" as you think my post came across....if you trust Oakley with your stuff, so be it. I would much rather use the X-Man. To each his own. And you can speak to me directly, you don't have to address me as a third person. If you have nothing to provide in this thread, take it elsewhere.

And no, the conversation to the rep on the phone was NOT a lie. I did not get into full specifics, but I told him that if I HYPOTHETICALLY had a 24K set of X-Metals or any other rare/expensive X-Metal set of glasses of ANY type....would he feel comfortable sending them in? The one rep said no way, the other rep said "we never had problems with things missing". Well, take that as you will.

You might not care how many notifications "Harry" received about his backed up orders....mind you they applied to some lenses as well. Why would you care?? You know who cares? I do. And that's about all that counts. With that said, take your sarcasm & GTF out of here. THANKS!

Back