• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CAN ANYBODY SPOT WHATS WRONG WITH THIS?

Funky, I don't know squat about an oil rig, but since you have me investigating, is this molding at the end of the ear stem (inside) present on an authentic frame? Hard to tell in pics.
50839B08-F209-4E27-AEF9-75CD54E9F918-522-00000085EE97AB17_tmp.jpg

They never made them in this color way. White with Red Icons. I don't think they ever came out with custom oil rigs either so you couldn't get this combo together. Also any lifestyle frame does not have Oakley written on the lens. Only the sports frames do. Antix, Batwolf, Oil Rig, or Offshoot should never have this written there. I hate looking at fake Oakley's it makes me sick. As soon as I see them I throw up a little in my mouth. And to see people bidding is sad....

Funky, I don't know squat about an oil rig, but since you have me investigating, is this molding at the end of the ear stem (inside) present on an authentic frame? Hard to tell in pics.
View attachment 322364

To tell you the truth, @Oak Heel, I can only say about the Oil Rigs, not the Rig iis(which I dislike immensely......it's that horrible castle thingy..uhhhh) , because I only collect the fist gens, so would be more guess work that fact. However, I think that would be correct.........they've got to get some of it accurate, after all.

edit: having done a quick search, it would appear you're are correct. There should only be a single molding half way along the earstem rather than two. Well done young Padawan........

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, @Oak Heel, I can only say about the Oil Rigs, not the Rig iis(which I dislike immensely......it's that horrible castle thingy..uhhhh) , because I only collect the fist gens, so would be more guess work that fact. However, I think that would be correct.........they've got to get some of it accurate, after all.

edit: having done a quick search, it would appear you're are correct. There should only be a single molding half way along the earstem rather than two. Well done young Padawan........

Hahaha thanks Funky, some have even said I'm an "Oakley Expert." :p I'm not a fan of these frames either, but I have reported this one.

I'm sorry to have to say I have given up reporting fakes to Ebay.
They obviously have no interest in protecting either commercial copyright or their buyers.
"Sad"...

Back