• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can anybody tell me what model these are??

Matt27777

Oakley Beginner
Found these the other day can anyone tell me what model they are?

image.jpg

O Frame (1st Gen - Ver. 2 or 3) Goggles. Commonly used for motocross - or as youth snow goggles, as they are on the smaller side.
These could be snow goggles or motocross goggles but with a snow goggle lens. As MX lenses would have a black pin on L/R edges of the lens to use with tear off clear sheets, typically single vented lenses. Those lenses are dual vented persimmon.

Dual vented lenses have an outer lens that's tinted, and inner lens that's clear. They are glue together with a small gap between them in the middle which aids them in not fogging up; outside air is cold vs. air around your eyes is warmer due to body heat, the space between the lenses is meant to act as a buffer zone to even out the temps so the lense don't fog up - if the inner lens gets cracked it'll no longer perform well for cold weather, but can still be used in warm weather. As with warm weather you don't have that issue of drastically different temps, so they can just use single pane lense with anti-fog coating.

Two posts? E FRAMES
E Frame doesn't have the bottom vents to nowhere cut-outs.

Last edited:
O Frame (1st Gen - Ver. 2 or 3) Goggles. Commonly used for motocross - or as youth snow goggles, as they are on the smaller side.
These could be snow goggles or motocross goggles but with a snow goggle lens. As MX lenses would have a black pin on L/R edges of the lens to use with tear off clear sheets, typically single vented lenses. Those lenses are dual vented persimmon.

Dual vented lenses have an outer lens that's tinted, and inner lens that's clear. They are glue together with a small gap between them in the middle which aids them in not fogging up; outside air is cold vs. air around your eyes is warmer due to body heat, the space between the lenses is meant to act as a buffer zone to even out the temps so the lense don't fog up - if the inner lens gets cracked it'll no longer perform well for cold weather, but can still be used in warm weather. As with warm weather you don't have that issue of drastically different temps, so they can just use single pane lense with anti-fog coating.

E Frame doesn't have the bottom vents to nowhere cut-outs.

I knew it was a motocross goggle just didnt know which one..

Thats why I tagged you broksi

I knew it was a motocross goggle just didnt know which one..

Thats why I tagged you broksi
These look like circa 2008 for design.
The current made O Frame for snow look more like the E Frame, while the ones for MX retain the design of the vented fangs but are now offered in 3 frame sizes so its pretty dam confusing...

Latest Posts

Back