• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can anyone ID the sunglasses Alex Mahone wears on season 2 of Prison Break?

Not sure what is funny about that but I’m from Germany and we have copyright law here and should only post pictures you’re the copyright owner of.

Never heard of that, don't you think it only applies to photos you have taken yourself?

Otherwise both German internet and magazines would be pretty damn bare and boring.

But perhaps they are just that?

Never heard of that, don't you think it only applies to photos you have taken yourself?

Otherwise both German internet and magazines would be pretty damn bare and boring.

But perhaps they are just that?
Why should it be limited if you made the pictures? Maybe you’ve not heard about it. But I have. I’ve studied law. Moreover I don’t care what other people are posting on the web. Maybe they don’t know the law or they don’t care about it. But I do. You’re allowed to publish and spread pictures you have made yourself. But this goes not for pictures other people made. So I didn’t want to spread pictures from that tv show, especially because I don’t know how this is regulated in the US law. Here it can become very expensive if the copyright owner reports this. I’m not the German Internet and I’m not a Magazin. This is not comparable. I’m a private person. Why do you think that they’re paying for licenses so that the can print and publish it?

Why should it be limited if you made the pictures? Maybe you’ve not heard about it. But I have. I’ve studied law. Moreover I don’t care what other people are posting on the web. Maybe they don’t know the law or they don’t care about it. But I do. You’re allowed to publish and spread pictures you have made yourself. But this goes not for pictures other people made. So I didn’t want to spread pictures from that tv show, especially because I don’t know how this is regulated in the US law. Here it can become very expensive if the copyright owner reports this. I’m not the German Internet and I’m not a Magazin. This is not comparable. I’m a private person. Why do you think that they’re paying for licenses so that the can print and publish it?
So you can't post photos from a random sporting event or a movie or TV show on a German internet forum? 🤔

Pretty funny stuff since Germans have no problem with dubbing over non German TV shows and movies, so no one in Germany know how these actors sound in real life.......

Well, how about that, guess we learn something new everyday, it was a good thing you have studied law, thanks for the info. 🙂

Thank goodness most places are not like that, imagine how awfully boring it would get on the internet if those were the rules everywhere. No funny photos or "celebrities wearing Oakleys" thread

And not something you could handle @Lopaka KaMars 😄 the king of memes

Last edited:
So you can't post photos from a random sporting event or a movie or TV show on a German internet forum? 🤔

Pretty funny stuff since Germans have no problem with dubbing over non German TV shows and movies, so no one in Germany know how these actors sound in real life.......

Well, how about that, guess we learn something new everyday, it was a good thing you have studied law, thanks for the info. 🙂

Thank goodness most places are not like that, imagine how awfully boring it would get on the internet if those were the rules everywhere. No funny photos or "celebrities wearing Oakleys" thread

And not something you could handle @Lopaka KaMars 😄 the king of memes
You’re welcome. If you took the picture you can post it, spread it, whatever you want cause you’re the owner of the copyright then.. everyone posts pictures of celebrities. But I don’t. That everyone’s doing this doesn’t make it right. This is just my view. 🙂 Moreover I think it depends on what job you have whether you’re scared to get in conflict with the law or you just don’t care about this.

And yes,you’re right, that would be kinda boring. This says someone who collected every picture of this fictional character that she found. 😂😂😂

I’ll have to look up what dubbing over means. 😒 I try to watch these tv shows in English as well. I know how William Fichtner/ Alexander Mahone sounds in real life 😉.

Back