• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can Anyone Value This For Me

Spenc

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Just about to buy and need to know a bit more if poss the guy got given it buy a friend never worn bot has no box looks like a 12 gauge but rubber strap and it is London 2012 Olympic special edition but I don't know the value as I have never seen another one thanks in advance .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 392
I could be wrong but I haven't seen another one on any search engine. They couldn't have made only one and his is the first one pictured, it would be worth a ton if it were in fact real!!
There are numerous fakes 12 gauges out there. I saw some a while back but seems most of the websites have been shut down recently.
How much is he asking for it? You would think a special edition watch like that would need some serious paperwork, nice box etc!!
There are companies like this that copy $10, 000 watches and they look legit, granted they arent trying to sell you the real deal. http://www.iparadisiac.co/breitling-replica.htm
Call Oakley in the morning and send them the pictures you have and try to confirm if a batch were ever produced and what to look for.

Last edited:
It's legit I believe. They frequently make special editions for large events, specifically to give to their athletes, volunteers etc.

As for value, probably not all that much more than a standard 12 Gauge

I am not sure that it is real. I am pretty up to speed on their watches (I own 7) and the Olympic Oakley edition watch for London that they made for athletes was a Gearbox, I never saw a 12 gauge one before. I could be wrong, but if it was me, I would not buy it........

Yeti, if you say it's legit then why is there not a single picture available for this watch that was produced 2-3 years ago. I find it hard believe that someone would not have taken a pic if they received it.
If it is in fact real why wouldn't it sell for considerably more than a standard 12 Gauge?

The vast majority of people who buy/posses Oakley gear don't treat it the way the people on this forum do. Most don't even know the name of the model they are buying/wearing; it's not surprising that there aren't pictures of something that would probably be very limited.

The fact that the position of lettering matches up with the other carbon fibre face model - to me - makes me think this is real. Most fakes are based on the more widely available models which has certain lettering in a different position.

Fakes only look legit when you don't know what you're looking for. You're not going to find a replica Breitling that will fool an AD, there are always differences.

Easiest way to settle this? Pop the case open and compare the movement to a known-genuine model.

So, did he buy it? And for what price? This watch is a very good looking watch if you ask me..hope it is genuine

Back