• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can clear prescription lenses be cut for standard Holbrook frames?

captainite

Oakley Enthusiast
I have a pair of Holbrooks and was wondering if standard, clear prescription lenses can be cut for them. What about prescription sunglasses lenses?

Easy frame to Rx, but does have a special bevel. Most places will charge an additional fee for that. Unless you get the Holbrook RX frame, it doesn't need that bevel.

Easy frame to Rx, but does have a special bevel. Most places will charge an additional fee for that. Unless you get the Holbrook RX frame, it doesn't need that bevel.

Searching around, it looks like you cut lenses and are also in CA. Would I have to send in the frames (maybe there have been subtle changes over the years?), or is the shape always the same, and I'd just need to send a prescription?

Searching around, it looks like you cut lenses and are also in CA. Would I have to send in the frames (maybe there have been subtle changes over the years?), or is the shape always the same, and I'd just need to send a prescription?
I usual say lenses only are ok. But recently I had one not fit properly. So I'd say it's best to send the frames. It would be ok to wait 3-5 days after placing the order to ship frames. That way you won't be without so long.
You'd just pm me a prescription. We go over details through conversation here. Then I'd call you to finalize.

Latest Posts

Back