• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can guys wear Radar Edge's?

mpmcgaughey

Oakley Expert
Texas
I see they added a bunch of really cool colorways to the Radar Edge recently - Oakley Radar Edge | Oakley Women's Store - and then after going to another cycling website I stumbled across another color way that hasn't been posted yet called Anodized Grey and it comes with Aqua ear socks and icons. I've always loved that color way on anything but I know these are aimed at Women specifically but can guys wear them? Thanks in advance!

ANOGREIRI_zpsc9b3222c.jpg

Sure you can, but I wouldn't. I like aqua/seafoam/turqoise color myself so I would use that frame, but with standard lens. Maybe with Jade?

I know a guy who did an in-store OCP and used an Edge lens in ice for a sweet setup.

They're not too far from Path in size, there's nothing distinctly feminine about the lens. The colorway you posted though, I wouldn't call manly.

I dont think its feminine but you need to have a narrow/small face. The angled notch on the side makes the frame feel alot smaller.

Also some of the polarized edge lenses say polarized in the Oakley cursive which is on other woman's eyewear

I am a guy and wear edge lenses. I don't see anything feminine about them, and I don't consider them any less aggressive than the Path lens. Plus, edge is the only way to get Violet Iridium lenses for the Radar. As GDMFSOB said, the only girly thing about them is that sissy "polarized" etching on the P lenses.

BTW - I'm loving those new Radar colorways! I'm grabbing Illumination Blue and both of the purples.

I am a guy and wear edge lenses. I don't see anything feminine about them, and I don't consider them any less aggressive than the Path lens. Plus, edge is the only way to get Violet Iridium lenses for the Radar. As GDMFSOB said, the only girly thing about them is that sissy "polarized" etching on the P lenses.

BTW - I'm loving those new Radar colorways! I'm grabbing Illumination Blue and both of the purples.
The bmx has a violet lense in their set. ;)

Can I buy any radar frame and then separately buy an Edge lens to put into it, or are the path/edge/pitch lenses not interchangeable entirely within the radar frame family?

Back