• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can I actually afford an X-squared

Oakay

Oakley Beginner
Hello guys I'm completely new to this forum and have a pretty noob question (and for that i apologize). Ive been looking at the exchange section and am interested in getting a set of oakley x-squared glasses since they are like my dream sunglasses in relatively new condition but is that even possible with only a budget between $350-400 dollars?

Without a the box or case or coin, I personally believe it to be. I believe some of the XS's have/had bloated prices. If you are patient enough for ebay and don't mind replacing lenses/rubbers, piecing it together can for sure be done sub $400.

You've personally tried the frames on though, right?

Being outside of the Continental US changes that, indeed.

XS has lower production quantities and being a later model further reduces the *beater* models.

Still, sourcing the lenses, a set of rubbers for a good price would be a good first step while at the same time hunting down a frame of varied condition.

Paying a bit of a premium for a fresh tuned frame, with rubbers and lenses would be in your interest to limit future repair costs.

I bought a Carbon XS when they came out, but did not put in much wear time because it did not suite my face. I only recently picked up an XX frame and it has become my new daily.

Last edited:
It will be tough to find a nice frame in that price range but sometimes it happens. Check eBay and Craigslist

I do not think it would be hard. Be patient. Have your funds ready and keep on the look out.

They will show up. Your budget is reasonable as well.

sweet, I also found something local on kijiji 330 for black iridium only worn once and given to the guy as a gift but he is selling to pay for tuition. that seems like a steal no?

Back