• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can You Change The Lenses In Oakley Inmate?

This is an old thread... but I need change my inmate lenses, because the polarized :( It is starting to peel!! I found these videos:

Wich mark of lenses are better? Revant or Walleva?

Regards!

I'm assuming this video shows a pair that has been changed before. The original lens is stuck solid to the frame and i think its almost impossible to pry without damaging either the lens or the frame

I did my Inmates year or so ago. I didnt need to use a screwdriver to pry on anything. I just pulled up on the top and down on the bottom of the orbital while pushing on the inside of the lens with my thumbs. They popped right out. It was harder to put the new ones in. I still have the old lenses

I did my Inmates year or so ago. I didnt need to use a screwdriver to pry on anything. I just pulled up on the top and down on the bottom of the orbital while pushing on the inside of the lens with my thumbs. They popped right out. It was harder to put the new ones in. I still have the old lenses
That's great to know. Mine would not budge after trying it the "friendly" way. I'm guessing it is the age of the lens?

The way i saw it, it was either i break the frame trying to pry out the old lenses, or just sacrifice the lenses which were peeling anyway. :vinsent:

20170301_231615.jpg

Back