• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can You Clean Your Lenses Too Often?

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
is it possible that cleaning your lenses too much will actually hurt them? i work in construction, which can be rough on a pair of glasses. so i only wear my oakley's on the weekend (friday-sunday). i will usually wear them throughout the weekend, lightly buffing them with the microbag between uses. then sunday night, i always clean them with the cleaning kit since they will sit all week. i dont want them to sit all week with skin oils, and dirt resting on them. they usually dont get very dirty. mainly just skin oils and a little sweat. do you guys think i'm over cleaning them by cleaning them once a week?

I never cleaned my glasses up until i joined this forum. I've never had any issues except for my pair of E-wires, but those are REALLY old and i wore those daily. These days i have a few on rotation and when i'm done wearing for the day, i give them a quick wipe with the microfiber bag. If they feel oily or are really dirty, then i'll use the cleaner.

All of my frames are still in like new condition.

I would say no. I would say you can clean them wrong or, more specifically not clean the microfiber bags enough. I have friends who clean the glasses but throw the bags in their pockets and later wipe the lenses with them....scratching the lenses with the particles on the bags. That's why I double bag all glasses and keep the bag I clean with inside another bag even when not on the glasses. I also wash all bags when I wash the glasses.

i forgot to mention that when i put my glasses on my head, there is a chance they get some traces of hair gel on them

Latest Posts

Back